1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
W140 S320 - W128 CE320 (hopefully) :D
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i saw a cheap CE320 93' for sale
interior is nice , engine and transmission is in good condition but it needs a new A/C . engine temp with A/C off is @80 C ( weather temp 42 ~ 47 C )
i'm thinking about buying it ..
but it needs a lot of work on the exterior , and there is a lot of E Sedans in my country but not a lot of coupe's , actually it's kinda rare in here especially the CE320 model .
my question is will the front and back bumper of E320 sedan fit in CE320 ?
what about the hood ? and the headlight ?
i think it will fit but i have to make sure before i buy :D
Thanks .

and sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,953 Posts
Pretty much everything forward the windshield is shared between coupes/sedans/wagons, parts like cladding and rear bumper will be different

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much everything forward the windshield is shared between coupes/sedans/wagons, parts like cladding and rear bumper will be different
so the rear bumper is different ?
same size but different shape or it wont even fit ?
and thanks for your reply :thumbsup:
the hood and the front have to be changed and you assured to me it will fit :cool:
it's not necessary to change the rear bumper but it's preferable :p

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,953 Posts
Yep! Rear bumper on the coupe extends farther because it has a longer rear overhang, impact strips could be the same. Hood, lights, front bumper, etc will be identical from coupe to sedan, though make sure that the sedan you get the parts from is a 1990 or newer car, older cars don't have painted bumpers or stainless trim. This might also be a good time to upgrade to the newer 94/95 style hood and lights if that's something you might be interested in, good luck!

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,756 Posts
Body parts from the base of the windshield forward will exchange, tail lights will exchange and the rear "impact strip" (black cap) will exchange. All dash parts will exchange and console wood. The motor, radiator etc will swap as well as long as you're talking about equal engines (M104.97)

Good luck

Jayare

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This might also be a good time to upgrade to the newer 94/95 style hood and lights if that's something you might be interested in, good luck!
well that's the plan :rolleyes:
wish me good luck finding a clean 95 front :p

and thanks for your help all :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts