Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the delete? I just saw that there is a picture thread and I should have posted there. How does one delete or forward this post there?

·
Registered
2000 Black E320 4Matic
77 Posts
Nice! That looks really clean!

I have those swarovski crystals on the R172, got it from Japan and then my girlfriend went overboard and put a whole bunch dangling from the rear view mirror.

Where did you get your LED tail lights? I considered getting those for my car off eBay for like 150$ as well but I heard of people saying it can mess with your electronics?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O got them from Ebay and not one electronic issue...yet. Been at least a year. Also have LED amber blinker bulbs wired with resisters. Looks really cool from the back.

·
Registered
2000 Black E320 4Matic
77 Posts
O got them from Ebay and not one electronic issue...yet. Been at least a year. Also have LED amber blinker bulbs wired with resisters. Looks really cool from the back.
Damn, now i'm tempted to get them... All I have left for my car is projector fog lights and LED tail lights and i've pretty much finished "modding" it.

I just noticed your nav system in your car, was that stock or after market? I think it looks pretty nice

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LED tails are a great mod and go the extra step and customize with the LED blinkers for the rear. I had projector fogs and they were HORRIBLE! I recommend staying with the regular fogs, perhaps new lenses. Upgrade the bulbs to a higher wattage though.....

Take a look at some of teh chrome dash vents online. I think those dress up the interior quite a bit. I was tempted to do teh black gloss roof...but....have not. I think it may be too much.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The interior red LED footwell lamps look garish in the pics, but in reality, at night it provides a much warmer and safer feeling interior. I also have a DVD system with headrest monitors but never use it.

I wish Mercedes had put two extra woofers in the back panel where there is holes and also for the A pillar where they used to be. Bose on some cars are just not what they used to be.

·
Registered
2000 Black E320 4Matic
77 Posts
LED tails are a great mod and go the extra step and customize with the LED blinkers for the rear. I had projector fogs and they were HORRIBLE! I recommend staying with the regular fogs, perhaps new lenses. Upgrade the bulbs to a higher wattage though.....

Take a look at some of teh chrome dash vents online. I think those dress up the interior quite a bit. I was tempted to do teh black gloss roof...but....have not. I think it may be too much.
The fogs for me would be just for show, thats why I havnt done it yet cuz I never use them anyway... The stock look fine anyway so I'd rather use the extra 150 on the LED tails.

As for the chrome dash vents, I tried doing a quick search on them on ebay but couldn't find any... Do you have any links?

The latest things I did to my car was the LED interior which definitely spruced it up, and I put on chrome door handle inserts to prevent people from scratching the paint when opening the doors but they actually look really nice too. I paid 17$ for them on ebay and MB wanted 120!

·
Registered
2000 Black E320 4Matic
77 Posts
The interior red LED footwell lamps look garish in the pics, but in reality, at night it provides a much warmer and safer feeling interior. I also have a DVD system with headrest monitors but never use it.

I wish Mercedes had put two extra woofers in the back panel where there is holes and also for the A pillar where they used to be. Bose on some cars are just not what they used to be.
Actually the red lights look nice, my brother put blue in his car for a more "relaxed" mood but I find them distracting when I'm driving so I keep it dark inside which is the only thing stopping me from doing it hahaha

I thought those 2 extra holes in the trunk are for extra speakers? Or at least they stuck 2 more speakers with the Bose system upgrade?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are openings for 4 Bose speakers on the back shelf. Unsure why they only put 2. At times you feel as though they never vibrate. Some music sounds great with the Bose, some...not so much . It is a shame that Bose is great in some cars like the Audi A8L, but then they dropped the ball in other cars.

I will look for the link for the chrome pieces. There are the vent surrounds front and rear! Also, I found and purchased the "Elegance" chrome surrounds for the rear ashtray. It just dresses up the interior a bit.

What is nice about our cars is that the door trim is leather. Some E class do not have leather door inserts. Some is just a vinyl, unless you go with the E500/E550. Such a shame how SO MANY manufacturers are cutting cost everywhere they can!

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,983 Posts
How is the quality of those front and tail lights? any condensation or water leak in side them?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have not had one issue with them, despite reading bad reviews. Seems as though there are many manufacturers and maybe I was lucky. As far as the tail lamps, for 2 years now, they have maintained their quality. I also fitted them with high power LED blinkers. They were like $25 each. Forget where I got them. They are wired with resisters so they blink properly.

The headlamps have been great. The only issue is I ordered them with 6000k and I think one bulb may be an 8000k. Just seems that way. VERY sharp cut off. I angled them such that the drivers is lower than the passengers and off to the center slightly to alleviate glare to oncoming traffic. the passengers I adjusted to cast further and to the right side of the road slightly to light up the sidewalks. VERY white light and very impressed.

The high beams are a 6000k halogen 100 watt bulb

The Lights also incorporate "halos" that I wish were brighter. I have them wired so that they turn on when the car is running.

The City lamps are a 6 watt, I believe, LED high power white bulb. No issues and no error codes.

The fogs have 80 watt white bulbs.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,983 Posts
Do you need to upgrade the wires for the higher wattage bulbs?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did to be safe and have new wiring harnesses as they break down over the years. Mercedes quality in that area sucked! I blame the EPA standards. All these damn tree huggers wanting to save everything!

ex: Can't put a road over there without 55 signatures, millions spent on research, money they do not have, years of studies, an EPA study and then maybe that type of bird will not migrate here again. Who gives a $##$. This country at times, I swear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts