Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the UK spec cars have the optical harness? I cannot seem to find it? If it is there is it in the same place?<br> <br> Its a standard MB-UK car. Not parallel import.<br> <br> Where in the UK to get a cheap CD-Changer that is compatible with the wiring harness and the Audio 10 CD-Radio?<br> <br> Thanks guys!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The audio 10 is made by Becker so a Becker 2662 model should work for you..

This model uses fiber optic.<br> <br> Your wires should be in the trunk. Right side floor.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: The audio 10 is made by Becker so a Becker 2662 model should work for you..

Thanks chief.<br>
<br>
I'll have another look.<br>
<br>
Was just concerned when I didn't find it. Thought maybe they didn't bother wiring up UK cars?<br>
<br>
Dunno. Seems to be a lot missing from our specs over here (for the same money!).<br>
<br>
Thanks again.<br>
<br>
PS You wouldn't happen to also know where I can get one of these Becker 2662 Units in Europe/UK? And an appropriate harness for it? Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: The audio 10 is made by Becker so a Becker 2662 model should work for you..

I know all US MBs are prewired unless like you said UK cars aren't wired.<br> <br> The Becker, any audio shop should be able to get it for you. It plugs in with no problem. No harness needed as long as you have the wire.<br> <br> I found this on the web. They're in the UK and sell the Becker 2662.<br> <br> Click the link :

1 - 5 of 5 Posts