Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E320 4Matic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
This is just to warn people of the mercedes products that are found on e-bay. In my time of upgrading my 2001 e-320 I have purchased some things from e-bay, eg. door pins, wheels, ect. 1st I am not slamming anyone inparticular. Please do your self a favor, call the dealership before you bid and buy. Hear are some of the close calls/bad I have had:
1. wanted to upgrade my tape player to the command. Well, other than the command, you need the wood consle and plastic support for behind the console. I found both on e-bay, the wood for $350 and the plastic support for $45 + $45 shipping. The dealer was not help, but Steve for mzbnl.com was, he got me the wood for $200 + shipping from the netherlands, then he gave me the part # for the plastic and told me to insist the dealer order it for me, the price with tax was under $10.00.
2. Purchased the euro door lock pins(knobs), they very well could be the "crappiest" peices of plastic that I have ever wasted money on, plus one cracked up the side while screwing it on.
3. I am now looking for new door pin, I have found what I want, chrome brabus door pins, part # 203-819-00, auction starts @ $125 or buy it now $135, free shipping. Great, wrong I went to the brabus site called a dealer and the damn pis are $95.00, + shipping They are charging me only the cost to ship.

Last but not least:

4. I purchased OEM 5 spoke rims off ebay for $220 a piece total, I have had these on my car for 6-7 months. The dealership sells the same rim for $248 + tax per rim. So, I thought I was saving around $150. But here's the big butt. I have had two of the rims crack beyond repair, my friend thats an MB mechanic looked at the rims, they were marked factory seconds or rejects. I have e-mailed the seller to no avail and had to purchase 2 rims from the dealer. Oh, I also had to buy 2 new tires @ $150 per.

So, here's the warning " BUYER BE WARE ", if I were driving some piece of junk, I don't think I would care. But when you are driving a fine automobile such as the mercedes benz do a little research, don't always look at the dealership as the stealership.
And one more thing, some people are very reputable on e-bay, just be leary of the people that are selling multiples of the same item, the words "styled" and "type", they are usually knock offs, I beleive most of Asia does not acknowledge copy right laws.

Just my 2 cents thanks for listening.

The Mayor.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
Mayor Bloom - 3/16/2005 2:35 PM

Hey all,
This is just to warn people of the mercedes products that are found on e-bay. In my time of upgrading my 2001 e-320 I have purchased some things from e-bay, eg. door pins, wheels, ect. 1st I am not slamming anyone inparticular. Please do your self a favor, call the dealership before you bid and buy. Hear are some of the close calls/bad I have had:
1. wanted to upgrade my tape player to the command. Well, other than the command, you need the wood consle and plastic support for behind the console. I found both on e-bay, the wood for $350 and the plastic support for $45 + $45 shipping. The dealer was not help, but Steve for mzbnl.com was, he got me the wood for $200 + shipping from the netherlands, then he gave me the part # for the plastic and told me to insist the dealer order it for me, the price with tax was under $10.00.
2. Purchased the euro door lock pins(knobs), they very well could be the "crappiest" peices of plastic that I have ever wasted money on, plus one cracked up the side while screwing it on.
3. I am now looking for new door pin, I have found what I want, chrome brabus door pins, part # 203-819-00, auction starts @ $125 or buy it now $135, free shipping. Great, wrong I went to the brabus site called a dealer and the damn pis are $95.00, + shipping They are charging me only the cost to ship.

Last but not least:

4. I purchased OEM 5 spoke rims off ebay for $220 a piece total, I have had these on my car for 6-7 months. The dealership sells the same rim for $248 + tax per rim. So, I thought I was saving around $150. But here's the big butt. I have had two of the rims crack beyond repair, my friend thats an MB mechanic looked at the rims, they were marked factory seconds or rejects. I have e-mailed the seller to no avail and had to purchase 2 rims from the dealer. Oh, I also had to buy 2 new tires @ $150 per.

So, here's the warning " BUYER BE WARE ", if I were driving some piece of junk, I don't think I would care. But when you are driving a fine automobile such as the mercedes benz do a little research, don't always look at the dealership as the stealership.
And one more thing, some people are very reputable on e-bay, just be leary of the people that are selling multiples of the same item, the words "styled" and "type", they are usually knock offs, I beleive most of Asia does not acknowledge copy right laws.

Just my 2 cents thanks for listening.

The Mayor.
My dealer is a godsend. I dont really know why so many people have such a poor communication with dealers. I get so much information from mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts