Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CL600 2011 C300
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I found a guy that does Mercedes flashing quite cheaply So I figured I would get my 06 CL600 dyno'd then flashed then dyno'd again.. (This is just a Stock run here)

(I know, I KNOW.. Cheap is not necessarily a good thing... but hey, someone has to see if what the guys sells is either a bargain or a bust! It might as well be me...lol)

Anyway, I made 7 runs today and the best was run number 3. I think the car was getting a bit to hot for the later runs even though it had a solid 10 minutes between each run. And on the first couple I had kick down issues into 3rd that screwed with the results.

I also had the tailpipe tested for A/F ratio and it was perfect with a nice smooth line starting at 14.5 and WOT it hit and stayed at 11.5 throughout the RPM's.

So, here is the results and this is with K&N air filters. I was going to do a stock filter run, then K&N run, then no filters but the car was getting to hot to screw with that.

I have not seen but a couple of people actually post their results for a before and after Flash so I figure I would let everyone take a look-see.

Again, hopefully by next weekend I'll have the new results to post.

I don't think the results are to bad for a car with 125,000 miles stock everything but the air filters... Oh, and running on 93 octane.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 CL600
455 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I have two questions:
-why does your rpm not go over 4500?
-this is rear wheel hp or is this corrected engine hp ( I would guess wheel)?

·
Registered
2006 CL600 2011 C300
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, rear wheel HP. Non corrected.

Can't go over 4500 RPM as the speed limiter kicks in at 130MPH and if I completely 'floor' it, it will kick down into 3rd.

I did do a 3rd gear dyno run as well. In 3rd the HP peaked at 474.7 and redlined at 5870 as the rev limiter kicked in but of course the torque was lower at only 507.9

When the speed limiter is removed I will see a much better result I am sure... just from that alone.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
The results are not very good for a tuned 600. Besides, who tunes a 600 and doesn't remove the speed limiter? No way I would go cheap or with someone who does not have extensive tuneong on the V12 twin turbo engine. There is no telling what your tuner has done. Just hope it doesn't cost you an engine.

Now, give Renntech or Speedriven a call for some real hp. You will get in the 500+ RWHP range and the speed limiter will be removed.

·
Registered
2006 CL600 2011 C300
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Really dude.. did you read the words I typed.... Here let me make this clear.. (This is just a Stock run here)

Then I pretty damn clearly state... "Again, hopefully by next weekend I'll have the new results to post.

I don't think the results are to bad for a car with 125,000 miles stock everything but the air filters... Oh, and running on 93 octane."

So, what part didn't you understand where it states this is a STOCK EVERYTHING but the AIR FILTERS??

Does it say I had it tuned yet? NO.

It says "Again, hopefully by next weekend I'll have the new results to post.
And it says..."I figured I would get my 06 CL600 dyno'd then flashed then dyno'd again.. (This is just a Stock run here)""

So... what was that chief??

OH, and in case all of those were not enough... re-read the title of the post... Gezzz!

·
Registered
1970 w109 6.3, 2014 ML350 (petrol) AMG kitted, 2004 Vito 115 crewbus, 2003 CL600 V12 bi-turbo
403 Posts
What does 'flashed' mean? Never heard that term before in New Zealand,

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think people are getting confused with the 150mph liimiter and the rev limiter. You need to run the car in dyno mode on the dyno, you can find out how to do it by searching on here.

Flash is aka ecu remapping.

·
Registered
2006 CL600 2011 C300
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UM , no... the speed limiter is set at 130 in the US.

And, I guess you don't know this but you can not run this car on a Dyno without it being in DYNO MODE as it will not run past 40-50 MPH.

So, Um, YES.... I put it in Dyno mode. My god.... does anyone know or or read anything?? I guess I will not bother to post the dyno results after the ECU gets flashed. Nobody reads what the hell is typed here anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not from the us so I wouldn't know.
I was only trying to help!
Ok then take your duno results and shitty attitude and f*** off :).

·
Registered
2003 CL600
455 Posts
I love these forums!

Anyway I just wanted to add that after talking to Kleeman (USA) they told me the reason why the V12tt seems to get such a big hp gain from stock numbers is that usualy the engine has more like 530 540 hp and not the stated 500 hp.

So your dyno shows exactly this; if you add 20% to 445 youget the motor hp at about 530 hp. I would bet after the tune you will be at about 510 wheel hp or 610 motor hp.

Hope you post your results

·
Registered
2006 CL600 2011 C300
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slonar21,

You are seeming to be the only person that can actually comprehend basic English so I will send them to you via PM.

And yes, I will take my Shitty attitude and my results with me. Oddly, I didn't have the shitty attitude until people gave it to me....

m2287,
Yeah, I did see you were not from the US though but if I am not mistaken your limiter is not 150 but 155. I know this yet I am from the US :)

·
Registered
1970 w109 6.3, 2014 ML350 (petrol) AMG kitted, 2004 Vito 115 crewbus, 2003 CL600 V12 bi-turbo
403 Posts
Flash is aka ecu remapping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that - now I know ......... Eddy (NZ)

·
Registered
31 Posts
slonar21,

You are seeming to be the only person that can actually comprehend basic English so I will send them to you via PM.

And yes, I will take my Shitty attitude and my results with me. Oddly, I didn't have the shitty attitude until people gave it to me....

m2287,
Yeah, I did see you were not from the US though but if I am not mistaken your limiter is not 150 but 155. I know this yet I am from the US :)
Actually you are wrong. They are meant to be limited to 155 but they all do 160mph. It's ok though, you learn something new every day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Something to do with an eu law that they thought was a piss take so they took the piss back. It's true aswell, on a gps mine goes to 160mph. Thumbs up to mb for that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts