Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Chips haven't done much for the SLK's. The Germans made sure of that ... :D Have you tried a Bratwurst?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do not buy the dynamic tuning performance chip. All you will get is a resistor covered with shrink tubing! You are supposed to disconnect a intake air temerature sensor of mat sensor and short the connector with the resistor, cover the hanging connector with electrical tape and be on your merry way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is a scam. It is not a chip. It is a resistor worth only pennies. He charges $6.76 for shipping and sends the part in an ordinary envelope with a $0.41 stamp. As of this time. I believe that there is no Intake air temperature sensor on the slk230. If there is I have not found it. Even if I did find it there is no way I would push a resistor in the socket. But if you prefer to run you Mercedes with something stuck in a dangling connector in the engine bay, or contaminate the electrical sockets with nasty black adhesive from PVC tape hook up with Modimo Ministries. Otherwise known as dynamic tuning

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe that there is no Intake air temperature sensor on the slk230.
Wrong. There is intake temperature sensor on M111 and it is located inside the MAF.

And this dynamic tuning "chip" is BS!! It is simple resistor. After installing this resistor engine runs too rich then and mostly you get even lower power output.

If you wont to play with air temp.sensor, then here is known mod that REALLY works; You must eliminate stock air temp.sensor inside the MAF and put new sensor instead, but on the other (colder) place. Because stock air temp. sensor is placed behind the cooling system and reads wrong (too high) temperatures. And when ECU read too hig temps, it put back ignition timing and result is lower power. So put new sensor under the front bumper (near outside air temp. sensor) and you will win. That is known mod that actually works. Compared to dynamic tuning, which is BS!!

Here is exaple of intake air temp.sensor relocation kit for BMW E39 M5 (it works the same way on our M111):

BeastPower Motorsports, Inc. (5-series): UFMotorsport S62 Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IATS) Relocation Kit (v2) for the BMW M5 (e39):

1 - 13 of 13 Posts