Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
slk55amg
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I konw many people tried to make US spec'd Comand playing DVD video without swapping comand. Everybody gave up? No hope? [:(]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
I dont know what the USA spec ones are like. Can the head unit play movies and the trunk drive holds the map like the Euro models ?

Would a DVD work in a USA spec model head unit ?

If not I think it would need a swap.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
miroj - 3/28/2005 11:38 AM

So then what format is accepted in the head unit.
CDs (Redbook and MP3s) and MP3 DVDs.

·
Registered
SLK 350
4 Posts
The european fab version plays DVD's while you are below 3 mph, there folks around who have it in motion with extra gadgets like access to old Star-Diagnosis. I read that the US versions lack the MPEG decoder hardware inside the Comand.
Feif

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
feif - 4/1/2005 6:59 PM
...I read that the US versions lack the MPEG decoder hardware inside the Comand.
Feif
It is hard to say what we are missing internally but it is more than obvious that US versions don't have the VIDEO selector button. Even if the US units do have the MPEG decoders, without the selector button there is mo way to even select video.

·
Registered
2009 slk55 amg/ performance pkg.
191 Posts
the software is easy to do.
the 2005 coomand units have crtical hardware removed from them to avoid any modification.
now the tric is to find out if that hardware could be identified and retrofited then we are in business.

·
Registered
SLK 350
26 Posts
I don't know about this, but I can't believe tha MB would product different units for different countries. I think the software is different we should ask one of those guys from Canada to send us a copy of his software, burn a dvd and boot it.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
Glenns_SLK350 - 4/9/2005 9:08 PM

I don't know about this, but I can't believe tha MB would product different units for different countries. I think the software is different we should ask one of those guys from Canada to send us a copy of his software, burn a dvd and boot it.
Don't believe it, then it just look at the input buttons and it will be obvious. The US models have a SAT button in place of the European models which have a VIDEO button. BTW I believe that Canada gets the US (or North American) head unit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
some info on Euro and US (Canadian) W211 DVD comands:

http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w211comands.shtml

greetingz,

BigSis

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
feif - 4/1/2005 6:59 PM

The european fab version plays DVD's while you are below 3 mph, there folks around who have it in motion with extra gadgets like access to old Star-Diagnosis. I read that the US versions lack the MPEG decoder hardware inside the Comand.
Feif
The old Star doesnt work on 2005 cars. You need an upgraded Star.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Glenns_SLK350 - 4/9/2005 9:08 PM

USA comand is different to Euro comand. No maybe about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts