Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
ml 270 cdi
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know an adaptor to play DVD through COMAND/TV button is availaible but how or where can I get one in the UK?????
I have a June 02 ML UK supplied.

Thanks
Glenn

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
13 Posts
There is a company in Brooklyn that does that modification. However, you would have to ...

There is a company in Brooklyn that does that modification. However, you would have to ship your unit to them for the modifcation. See link below:

nav-tv.com

·
Registered
ml 270 cdi
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan but I don't fancy the idea of taking out my COMAND unit and shipping it all tha...

Thanks Dan but I don't fancy the idea of taking out my COMAND unit and shipping it all that way!
Someone in the UK must do it?
I have emailed NAV TV re same query but got no reply, that was weeks ago!!
Thanks

Glenn
[:)]

·
Registered
ML55 KOMPRESSOR
42 Posts
I know some people in england that may help you!

Hello, you can email the people in England, called HYDE& Fidelity 1895-810850 [email protected]
They can help you out, their multimedia work is astounding!
Let me know how it goes!
Thanks
JB

·
Registered
Porsche
16 Posts
I have spoken with Nav-TV extensively today. The Mercedes part is a factory part which is...

I have spoken with Nav-TV extensively today. The Mercedes part is a factory part which is sold in Europe. It offers TV reception and two AV inputs which enable one to add a DVD etc. The price is over US $3,000 for the module, not including the DVD which would be another $300-500. One nice feature is that all of the channel changing etc is automatically activated from the steering wheel.

The problem with this system is that it requires actvating a blank button on the US models which enables the TV/DVD module from the euro kit. The dealers in the US no longer can access this through the STAR software. This is why the units in the US need to go to to NAV-TV for retrofitting (read - software programming) which takes one day.

The fact that what they are offering is a European option from Mercedes is probably the reason they did not respond. Just a guess.

I hope that this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone finally find out how much and where this TV input can be enabled for UK ML's....

Did anyone finally find out how much and where this TV input can be enabled for UK ML's.

·
Registered
CLK 270CDi
3 Posts
If you have the TV tuner, there are already allegedly two AUX ports for plugging in goodie...

If you have the TV tuner, there are already allegedly two AUX ports for plugging in goodies (according to my COMAND manual) - I just can't find them yet... will keep you informed.

Mike

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
Ok

There are 2 ways of doing what you all want to do :)

1)
(a) Buy the MB TV tun...

Ok

There are 2 ways of doing what you all want to do :)

1)
(a) Buy the MB TV tuner (about £800 I think)
(b) Buy the MB wiring loom (not available for ML!)
or
Buy a TV loom from megacomm.de or audiocomp.info
(c) Buy the aerials for your car
(d) install it all

2) Buy a "Megacomm A/V adapter for COMAND 2.0" from megacomm

(1) gives you TV, two aux video inputs
(2) gives you 1 video input

If you buy the latest tuner, it supports all video standards and has rca plugs for the video inputs - if you have an older one, you also need to get some RCA->"special connector" conversion leads from megacomm/audiocomp

You can pick up the TV tuners on Ebay for about 50% of retail ..

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re:

Richard, how does one get the video output using the MB TV Tuner? I've seen the OEM MB rear screen for the S-class, so I assume it hooks into the TV Tuner. Or does one need a special cable of some sort?

Thanks,

-s-

·
Registered
2010 GL55 PROTOTYPE
15 Posts
contact navi plus tv www.naviplus.tv

they have do my car $450 activated original tv button and gane me av adapter

bad flash from camera

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
RE: I have spoken with Nav-TV extensively today. The Mercedes part is a factory part which is...

gkouri - 11/5/2002 1:53 PM

I have spoken with Nav-TV extensively today. The Mercedes part is a factory part which is sold in Europe. It offers TV reception and two AV inputs which enable one to add a DVD etc. The price is over US $3,000 for the module, not including the DVD which would be another $300-500. One nice feature is that all of the channel changing etc is automatically activated from the steering wheel.

The problem with this system is that it requires actvating a blank button on the US models which enables the TV/DVD module from the euro kit. The dealers in the US no longer can access this through the STAR software. This is why the units in the US need to go to to NAV-TV for retrofitting (read - software programming) which takes one day.

The fact that what they are offering is a European option from Mercedes is probably the reason they did not respond. Just a guess.

I hope that this helps.
This MODULE is a plain old TV tuner. Talk about smoke and mirrors.

Plenty on eBay for $700 USD

·
Registered
44 Posts
sorry picyure never worked your looking for a mer04vid interface unit.
unit lets you plug in one of either dvd video playstation costs around £250 - £300

1 - 14 of 14 Posts