Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300GD LWB 5 Speed
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally decoded the really cheap DVD-CD player that I bought ($37.00 US at BestBuy) - it is capable of playing all regions of DVD's. At anyrate, I obtained a copy of the Sahara travel log done by M. Palin (the Monty Python who does travel logs these days). On disc two is the scene of Tom Shepperd cruching into the camp of Palin in what appears to be a W461 diesel SWB. It is a chance encounter deep in the Sahara. The book covered this, and the DVD does as well.

The entire four hours of this travel log offer great scenes of north Africa and cultural insights. Early on the troop sheds their Landrovers for other vehicles, mostly Toyota. Shots of the Paris to Dakar Race are interesting as well. All in all, a flick worth the effort and wait.

·
Registered
1985 300GD LWB 5 Speed
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ETB,

The procedure that we discussed was slightly different. The store offered their version of the sequence, also different. In the final analysis, success happened by the judicious application of logic... and a heady dose of trial and error. And then, boom!! And, the number changed from 1 to 0. Success. I have been more or less suspiciously gleeful since.

Thanks for your input. Very helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts