Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S211
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !

Have 2006 W211 with comand and navi dvd in trunk i just purchased the car yesterday and navigation was working, but thought the card was old so pushed the dvd eject button in the trunk to se the date on dvd. It makes normal eject sound but the dvd never come out tried several time with same resold, now when i will use the navigation the comand screen says no dvd in player, is there a way to manually get out ore other suggestions ??

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,802 Posts
Make sure the COMAND is off.

Hold the eject button for several seconds and see if it cycles to the eject mode. If it does
be prepared to snatch it from the reader quickly as it will want to slide back it in a couple
of seconds.
Mine did this to me and that is how I was able to get the old one out and the new one in.

·
Registered
2006 S211
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi found the solution, set comand in off hold the eject button down while putting another DVD carefully half way in then the nav DVD pupped out.

·
Purple Moderator
21,802 Posts
Glad you got it out. My theory is that these discs hardly ever get ejected so the mechanism
rarely gets used and gets a bit sticky on some cars. Since my stuck disc episode it has
not happened again. I did pop the 2011 version in and the 2010 disc did eject normally
a couple of months ago. The disc previous to the 2010 disc was 2006 disc so it was in
there for at least 2-3 years before I got the car.

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
I found it necessary to hold in the eject button on mine for about 5 seconds. But none of that other stuff is necessary (on my car). Disc ejects whether the COMMAND is on or off, and it doesn't suck the DVD back in till I give it a shove like on a regular optical drive.

Maybe a little electronics spray cleaner would help.

//greg//

·
Purple Moderator
21,802 Posts
Interesting. Mine is all good now, it seems it just needed to be worked a little bit.
I do have a similar cleaming product and used it to fix some bad traces on a Mitsubishi ECU.
Once the board was clean I could see the bad traces and fix them. Also used a sealer
after the repair so it would stay fixed.

·
Registered
1976 Rover Mini; 2003 Z06; 2011 smart fortwo Passion
167 Posts
Noodles, any big changes from the 2010 to 2011 discs? Do they show any more level of detail - house numbers, side roads, etc? :)

·
Purple Moderator
21,802 Posts
A lot more POIs. I can't notice a difference in roads added for my region. Even complete
interstate ramp and interchange rebuilds that are now different lanes then they were
4 years ago are not updated and the construction was finished 14 months ago.
Navteq used to list the changes on the revisions by state on there website, but now
I can't find that feature there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts