Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03 ML350 Inspiration
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a clue on how often the DVD map databases are updated by Alpine / MB? The "versions" appear to be software releases and not actual map database release dates (or are those really one and the same? [xx(]).

Of course once you have the DVD, you can get the NAVTEQ database release info, but you have to buy the thing first and shove it into your dashboard - not exactly confidence-inspiring when you're after the latest and greatest map info.

Since there's now a yearly map update program, it would be really nice to know when the update cycles happen, but nobody at MB seems to have a conclusive answer to that question (Can't begin to imagine buying my marine charts the same way.)

·
Registered
497 Posts
hangloose - 4/2/2005 4:46 PM

Anyone out there have a clue on how often the DVD map databases are updated by Alpine / MB? The "versions" appear to be software releases and not actual map database release dates (or are those really one and the same? [xx(]).
I cannot answer the question but I would only update if I see that the current CD (in my case, not DVD) has become unhelpfully innacurate; the price is too high for regular updating.

I've had the UK CD now for 3 years, I may update next year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts