Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 E500 purchased from the factory owned dealer in Costa Rica. I believe it a European Spec car as it comes with European options and features (like the long license plate spaces).

The car came with the DVD and TV option from the factory. The TV and DVD work great but the picture fades out after about 5mph. I have seen previous posts for 2003 E models, but no clear answers on getting TV or DVD to work while in motion on a 2005 model year car.

Can anyone help with specific instruction on how to enable DVD in Motion on a 2005 model year car?

My Command unit looks like the one pictured.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
E 320 CDI
41 Posts
it is a safety measure.it cannot be deactivated from any menu.maybe it can be deactivated in your dealer's workshop.

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
You need someone with star computer to turn it off. Ask the dealer. They may do it for you or pay one of the techs to do it for you.

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
gdestiny - 5/26/2005 5:36 PM

You need someone with star computer to turn it off. Ask the dealer. They may do it for you or pay one of the techs to do it for you.
Star cannot turn off that safety feature. It needs a hardware modification to remove part of the speed input to the HU without affecting the other speed dependant features like the navi and automatic volume compensation.

Contact this guy. He doesn't do those mods but he knows sombody who will. You will have to remove your Command HU and send it in for the wiring change.

http://www.mbdoctor.com/

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
Star cannot turn off that safety feature. It needs a hardware modification to remove part of the speed input to the HU without affecting the other speed dependant features like the navi and automatic volume compensation.

Contact this guy. He doesn't do those mods but he knows sombody who will. You will have to remove your Command HU and send it in for the wiring change.

Actually you can turn it off with Star because I just had mine done this weekend. It had nothing to do with any kind of wiring. Just plug in star and change the setting. Boom it works.

·
Registered
714 Posts
gdestiny - 5/27/2005 7:58 AM

Actually you can turn it off with Star because I just had mine done this weekend. It had nothing to do with any kind of wiring. Just plug in star and change the setting. Boom it works.
I was basing my comments on what the guy at MBDoctor told me. Let me know where you had the STAR work done because nobody at my dealership knows anything about it and I would like to get mine recoded too.

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
Check your PM n5160u. I sent you the info.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks for the info and the heads up. I always forget to check for IM while in the forums.

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sedan, 1992 400e sedan
302 Posts
most new DAS systems will not be able to do it as mercedes has disabled this feature on DAS. But, if you have access to a DAS with ENGINEERING MODE, then you can change it so it will play while in motion. Steve has a DAS with this feature. Cutting the speed signal will not help since speed signals are received via CANBUS. If you remove CANBUS signals, the comand will automatically shut off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I AM OF THIS QUESTION AND ALL THE STUPID ANSWERS YOU GET WHICH ARE NOT REALLY THE RIGHT ANSWERS

You buy this machine and then once you have done it charge all your mates so you can pay for it Here is the Lank http://www.diagsoft.de/ works wonderful

1 - 12 of 12 Posts