Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
C230 2004 & R350 2006
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Looks like lots of good stuff on the site! I just bought an R350 (2006) and I heard from the sales person that some people convert their DVD Nagivation so that they can watch DVD movies. First, is this possible? If yes, what do I need to do to be able to watch DVD's in the Navigation Screen. Is this an easy fix or is it very complicated since I'm not the techy type. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
Never Trust a Salesperson to know the truth.

C class commands with Nav in the USA are supplied by Alpine. They have no ability to do any video. The Euro version is a Becker unit that can add a TV Tuner and DVD but the add on boxes are well over $1000 and the Nav is totally incompatable with the USA map disks because they are intended for the Alpine system and are not recognized by the Becker. In addition to that the channel spacing is non USA so it cannot correctly tune North American AM or FM stations. If the salesperson you talked to was from the dealer in P town be aware that they have seen some cars converted to do video like my W211 which is a hanger queen there but they really don't know exactly whats involved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts