Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1984 500sl
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there another way to check the duty cycle for air /fuel adjustment other than using the #3 port on the diagnostic connector? I've found a lot threads on how to adjust using a multi meter, but all refer to the diagnostic connector 3#port. My car doesn't have a #3 port or an o2 sensor or, lambda control. Also, it has no cats or charcoal canister. I've corrected the vacuum leaks and now I'm trying to find the accurate a/f adjustment. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
Is there another way to check the duty cycle for air /fuel adjustment other than using the #3 port on the diagnostic connector? I've found a lot threads on how to adjust using a multi meter, but all refer to the diagnostic connector 3#port. My car doesn't have a #3 port or an o2 sensor or, lambda control.
Without an O2 sensor, your car also doesn't have a duty cycle. The duty cycle is the adjustment the O2 sensor and Lambda control do to fix the A/F ratio.

If you don't have an exhaust gas analyzer, you'll have to take it in someplace. The ratio is adjusted with a 3mm hex near the intake throat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts