Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 E
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Most of the pads that have been brought to my attention are said to produce little dust, but do not stop the car as well as factory(some have said not well period.) I have heard about Porterfields on this site. Does anyone have them on their car? If so, what you do think of them and do they make any noise (grinding or squealing?)

Are there any other brands of brake pads that you guys love that stop well and dusts less? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Also, thank you to everone who gave me information about lowering and 18s. After hearing the experiences on the site and the warnings from my mechanic, I have decided to leave the car alone even though it sits up ver high above the tires(5" in the fron and 4" in the rear!)

Duron

·
Registered
C230K Orion Blue, C1
6 Posts
I've got the Porterfields, almost no dust, and no squeal. Only down side is the cost, the...

I've got the Porterfields, almost no dust, and no squeal. Only down side is the cost, they're expensive.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
I have Porterfields on three of my Mercedes, and they seem to stop as well. However, they...

I have Porterfields on three of my Mercedes, and they seem to stop as well. However, they still produce a significant amount of dust, and they squeal on all three cars (even with various anti-squeal compounds, etc.).

I don't dislike them, I just don't necessarily believe the hype. They were quite a bit cheaper than the OEM pads I was replacing, and that was good. You might want to check fitments for Axis and Green Stuff.

-s-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts