Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed to an E55 dustless pad? There is a place in Torrance, CA , Brake Parts Warehouse (John), who claim an "EBC Green, #dp21075" is made for the E55. Cost is $89 plus about $8 shipping for a set of front pads. I would appreciate any feedback on this subject. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not exactly dustless....

Instead of black powder which most brakes have, this one puts out white powder. It really isn't noticeable until you actually clean the car. It stops a bit better but I'm talking with my butt-dyno here.<p>Pad intervals are longer and the white stuff is easier to take out than that pain-in-the-ass black residue stock pads make.<p>Frank

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frank, is this the exact pad you're using? (eom)

: Instead of black powder which most brakes have, this one puts out white powder. It really isn't noticeable until you actually clean the car. It stops a bit better but I'm talking with my butt-dyno here.<p>Pad intervals are longer and the white stuff is easier to take out than that pain-in-the-ass black residue stock pads make.<p>Frank<p>.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is. Better than getting the black powder. nt

: : Instead of black powder which most brakes have, this one puts out white powder. It really isn't noticeable until you actually clean the car. It stops a bit better but I'm talking with my butt-dyno here.<p>Pad intervals are longer and the white stuff is easier to take out than that pain-in-the-ass black residue stock pads make.<p>Frank<p>.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
: Has anyone changed to an E55 dustless pad? There is a place in Torrance, CA , Brake Parts Warehouse (John), who claim an "EBC Green, #dp21075" is made for the E55. Cost is $89 plus about $8 shipping for a set of front pads. I would appreciate any feedback on this subject. Thanks. <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought this EBC green stuff pad supposedly for E55 (EBC part #21075)<p>I took of the E55 front wheel and right away you can see that the pad will not fit E55. So I start checking back the EBC website when I noticed that according to EBC, E320, E420 and E55 all use the same part #21075. Now that is definitely wrong and explained why #21075 does not fit my E55.<p>Comparing the EBC#21075 to stock E55 pad, the EBC pad look much smaller than the stock ones.<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought this EBC green stuff pad supposedly for E55 (EBC part #21075)<p>I took of the E55 front wheel and right away you can see that the pad will not fit E55. So I start checking back the EBC website when I noticed that according to EBC, E320, E420 and E55 all use the same part #21075. Now that is definitely wrong and explained why #21075 does not fit my E55.<p>Comparing the EBC#21075 to stock E55 pad, the EBC pad look much smaller than the stock ones.<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem with Kleen Wheels..

is that they don't let the brakes ventilate as well as they block some of the airflow. A MB mechanic told me they drastically shorten the brakepad's life as well as causing other overheat related issues..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, that takes care of that idea!

: is that they don't let the brakes ventilate as well as they block some of the airflow. A MB mechanic told me they drastically shorten the brakepad's life as well as causing other overheat related issues..<p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts