Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Autozone to get a pair of Rotors for my 2005 c230k. When I took off the stock rotors, I noticed that the Duralast ones are smaller in diameter than the originals. As such, I only will get about 50% of brake pad coverage over the rotor. How bad is this?

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS Kompressor
456 Posts
I went to Autozone to get a pair of Rotors for my 2005 c230k. When I took off the stock rotors, I noticed that the Duralast ones are smaller in diameter than the originals. As such, I only will get about 50% of brake pad coverage over the rotor. How bad is this?
i would go back and return them, do you really want to take chances with your brakes?? They probably didn't give you the rotors that are made for the sport kit.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Ummm...I hope you are just kidding about the question. If not, how bad is complete brake failure and a tragic collision?

I'd guess they don't even list them and they gave you ones for the stock sedan.

I'm always surprised that people even go to autozone for benz parts.

OEM parts are quite affordable online at places like autohausaz.com and shipping is free once you hit $50, even for heavy parts like rotors.

I hope you didn't install them because they probably won't let you return them.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad I asked - you're right about the sport package. Thanks for the help! Any other sites you'd recommend? autohausaz.com doesn't seem to have the rotors listed.

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,128 Posts
Geezus...another 'I got a crap part from Autozone, Pepboys, Kragens, (which is all they sell) what should I do?' question.
Why do people persist in asking questions they answer themselves?
You bought crap, and you want people's opinions on what to do?

Duh!!!! Return it!
Don't buy your parts from places without a clue as to what goes on a mercedes. Oil, yeh, wax, but other than that, get the correct quality stuff,
elsewhere.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I'm glad I asked - you're right about the sport package. Thanks for the help! Any other sites you'd recommend? autohausaz.com doesn't seem to have the rotors listed.
rockauto.com, importec.com, mercedesparts.com, partsgeek.com...to name a few.

Avoid autopartswarehouse.com and it's sister sites, they're unreliable and there are lots of stories about poor service.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS Kompressor
456 Posts
I just bought all my brake components from partsgeek.com - Akebono ceramic brake pads rear, and importrp.com - Hawk ceramic front brake pads, and EBC dimpled/slotted rotors front and rear. Both sites had good reviews online, and i contacted them by phone and emails before i purchased anything they both got back to me pretty quick with answers... might want to check them out for oem parts...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts