Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 corvette coupe
468 Posts
teflon in wax is a marketing gimmick. I remember reading that teflon has to be applied at high temperatures to be functional (like in a skillet). It's probably not better than any other wax.

·
Registered
98 SLK230k/02 SLK32
742 Posts
About a year ago, Dupont themselves made a statement that Teflon provide no benefit in a car wax.

But of course they are now co marketting it with someone, so it must be good... IMHO, a marketting gimick..

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
Just stick w/one of the proven ones. I personally really like Zaino bros best, but Zymol is good too, just doesnt last as long between applications.

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
136 Posts
Check out this months Road & track ( May ) page 15. You can try it out for free. Buy it, send in the receipt and get your money back

·
Registered
SOLD: 99 SLK230 K 96 C220 K 06 E200 K
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comment. It seems safer to stick with what I use.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I used Eagle 1 10 years ago (or so) when they were the first ones out with a Teflon wax. It was nothing special. You can get the same or better results with almost any quality product on the market.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
I don't trust any new waxes as waxes and wax companies go out of business as quickly as they pop up. Also look at the types of claims wax companies in the past have made with setting hoods on fire, shooting lazer beams at it and throwing sand and mud on the car, non of it realistic, just marketing scam. Teflon wax falls into the too good to be true catagory.

I stay with the well known products from Klasse, Meguiars, Eagle, Zaino. The wax that's really been working great for me now is Meguairs NXT, better than Zaino and Klasse. It's easy on/off and clear so you don't get the white powder. I clayed and waxed my 2004 in November and when I went to re-apply in March it was still very smooth. I bought some Eagle Nano Wax but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

As for tires turning brown, that's normal, they release a chemical as you drive to keep the rubber from drying out. I use Eagle Tire/Wheel cleaner and clean the tire the same time I clean the wheel and it washes the brown off. Do that before putting on any tire dressing products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts