Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the last straw with my OEM head on my 2000 SLK230 dropping contacnt with the cd trunk chager. Disconnect the battery, waiting about 10 minutes and then coding up the radio while the date watches on has finally ruined the mood.<br> <br> This Friday I am replacing the factory with an Alpine 7878, which is a single cd player but, I am adding the XMRadio option too. I plan on for now leaving the amps/speakers as they are as this is a lease and ....<br> <br> Anybody want to comment on this proposed move before I pull the trigger?<br> <br> Thanks,

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Dumping the OEM Head!

Both replys are right and I would do IF, I wasn't also interested in adding XMRadio. This past failure just pushed me over the edge. After I found out that other heads could be basically plugged into the system with an adapter and whatever, I decided what the hay. If I was strickly going to stay with all the OEM audio, I would have the dealer replace both head and changer (as the dealer says they find nothing wrong with either)...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just be careful you dont get hit when the lease expires.

Good luck with the installation. BTW where are you located? If you are in the Bay Area, I know a shop that can do a really good job.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Just be careful you dont get hit when the lease expires.

We are just a few miles a part! I am in Palm Beach Florida. Thanks for the thought though.<br> <br> The install shop will put everything back the way it was for $50. The do tons of lease cars, in fact an MB dealer is next door...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you do this right , you should have no problem with reverting back to the OEM head unit when your lease expires. If you search for my previous posts, you can get an idea of how this is done. I think you will be pleased with your decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts