Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300D-Turbo
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife's work wanted to shoot some little video segment with old cars and they were shooting in a historic looking old Main street here in Utah, and they asked for my awesome 1982 W123. Along with my car was a '81 DeLorean, (complete with Mr. Fusion attached) and a couple of other junky early 80's cars. Anyways, as rubberneckers go passing a film crew and about 50 extras on an old Main Street, some kid in his truck hit was rubbernecking and hit my W123 that was parked on the side of the road in the background of the shot. I was at the library at the time, but I was told he tried to leave quick. Unfortunately about 50 witnesses and the police stopped him from doing so, (because the cop was in the film and there to direct traffic if needed.) The angle snapped it clean off, only the rubber impact strips are holding it on. The last time someone rear ended me was a Ford Expedition, but they hit me square on and compressed the bumper fully in, and it popped out a few hours later; (zero damage- and their SUV was damaged more than mine). I guess I really did want a new bumper I guess:

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,700 Posts
So my wife's work wanted to shoot some little video segment with old cars and they were shooting in a historic looking old Main street here in Utah, and they asked for my awesome 1982 W123. Along with my car was a '81 DeLorean, (complete with Mr. Fusion attached) and a couple of other junky early 80's cars. Anyways, as rubberneckers go passing a film crew and about 50 extras on an old Main Street, some kid in his truck hit was rubbernecking and hit my W123 that was parked on the side of the road in the background of the shot. I was at the library at the time, but I was told he tried to leave quick. Unfortunately about 50 witnesses and the police stopped him from doing so, (because the cop was in the film and there to direct traffic if needed.) The angle snapped it clean off, only the rubber impact strips are holding it on. The last time someone rear ended me was a Ford Expedition, but they hit me square on and compressed the bumper fully in, and it popped out a few hours later; (zero damage- and their SUV was damaged more than mine). I guess I really did want a new bumper I guess:
Im located in sacramento, but can ship things cheap so let me know if you have a hard time finding any rear bumpers. I will of course sale one dirt cheap.

Glad to hear the kid didnt get away!

·
Registered
'85 Mercedes 300 D Turbo Diesel
284 Posts
I had one ass flex at work last year park and leave his truck in gear, it rolled into my back bumper and broke the plastic strip that holds the rear rubber onto the bumper...Had to order one at $75.00, still waiting for the jerk to pay me back...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts