Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had all my tires replaced on my 05 C230SS last weekend @ America's Tire in Mountain View Ca. Well the lame kids doing the install appeared to be trying to act like a Nascar pit crew, when I was told it was ready to go I looked at the rear end and noticed they had put one of the front tires on the rear (they are staggered fit !! ) well they take it back in and go to work while doing so they dropped one front wheels on it's face !! and took a chunk off a rear wheel !!! ...I yell at them and they scatter away, the co-mgr comes and scolds them too and says he sorry....he says my wheels can be refinished at "wheel tech". So I come home with a stupid 50mph max temp spare...It's been a week and still NO WHEEL !!!!!

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes C230
36 Posts
If it were to be my wheel, I would have make him buy me a new wheel to replace it. I know it's fixable, but you never know long the wheel is going to last you. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
rubenl - 4/17/2005 2:56 AM

I had all my tires replaced on my 05 C230SS last weekend @ America's Tire in Mountain View Ca. Well the lame kids doing the install appeared to be trying to act like a Nascar pit crew, when I was told it was ready to go I looked at the rear end and noticed they had put one of the front tires on the rear (they are staggered fit !! ) well they take it back in and go to work while doing so they dropped one front wheels on it's face !! and took a chunk off a rear wheel !!! ...I yell at them and they scatter away, the co-mgr comes and scolds them too and says he sorry....he says my wheels can be refinished at "wheel tech". So I come home with a stupid 50mph max temp spare...It's been a week and still NO WHEEL !!!!!
How your wheel is fixed is up to you. If the refinish isnt right you can probably go for a new one.

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your input and support, they better warranty the finish and it better match the others, I still have the rear wheel scratch to contend with...[:(]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts