Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 C-230 kompressor, have code p2226, p2228 barometric pressure issues. Is the barometric pressure sensor integral with the MAP sensor mounted toward the front of airbox on driver side? If not, where is it located?Would this issue cause a drop in fuel mpg? Thx....:bowdown:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This one is the original, genuine part, VDO Siemens....swapped out new one for old, original one, took test drive...here's the freezeframe.

Old, original MAF/"New" MAF

ABSLT TPS 18% / 13.7%
RPM 2058 / 1072
Calc Load 15.6/11.3%
MAP 38(KPA)/29(KPA)
Coolant 96 F (not warmed up completely)/129 F
ST FTRM1 0.0%/0.0%
LT FTRM1 0.0%/0.0%
33mph
Fuel sys1 open (does this mean fuel cap open/defective?)/Open

Don't know if this is relevant, but looking at the MAF plug noticed it has 5 female recepticles, only 4 have metal contacts, MAF has 5 male pins. Does this mean anything? Here's photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Fuel sys1 open (does this mean fuel cap open/defective?)/Open. Don't know if this is relevant, but looking at the MAF plug noticed it has 5 female recepticles, only 4 have metal contacts, MAF has 5 male pins. Does this mean anything?
It has five so they could use the same connector on diff cars.

Fuel system1 open, means its in "Open" loop, a fuel system program. That is nothing to worry about. It will also at one time during start to warm say "Closed", that is closed loop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have own ship....thx for offer.... Anyway, using values/code (p2228) in previous post, which sensor should be replaced? Thx...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Before I say another word.

Where do you live, how far do you normally drive to work. And is there a big elevation diff between the two?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Live in Apple Valley Ca elevation approx 2800ft, 15 mile commute, same elevation... Have replaced MAF,air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, coil ignition assys, reattached airbox properly, reattached vacuum line to MAP, cleared codes 3 times w/ hand scanner/reader p2228 keeps coming back...this after 2 authorized stealer diagnostics @$200 a piece says nothing wrong...had to upgrade skill set from points, plugs and condensor to the modern stuff to be able to do my own work on beast... headed to work in a few, have 12 hr shift ahead.... Thx for reply!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Altitude sensor it is....Thx much...will let you all know what happens....and before I go tearing into things, I want to confirm that I am going after the correct sensor...it is mounted toward the front of the airbox on drivers side w/ 2 screws, has electrical lead and vacuum line, is also called a MAP sensor, and looks like this...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts