Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'97 C200 Blue
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '97 C200 Classic and the external black B pillars have a very dull matt finish which marks easily ie finger marks etc Has anyone tried giving them a coat of car polish to give a glossy look? I am a bit concerned as to whether the polish will strip the paint. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Hi, if your car has it's original black paint finish on the B pillar then waxing is perfectly fine and the method I use to maintain mine. I would dare venture a guess that if the pillars are that oxidized that the rest of the paint may be as well (not as noticeable on a white car for example) and could possibly use a good polish. You may want to use a medium grade polish to start, followed by a wax to be sure you remove the oxidized material and then protect the finish. I wouldn't go as far as a cut paste because those aren't the best for clear coats.

·
Registered
'97 C200 Blue
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, apparently the Classic models had matt paint whereas the Elegance had gloss. Any how the car is Midnight blue and the paint work is as shiny as the day it was made, short of replacing the trims or pulling them off to re-paint I might just have to live with it as is.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Ahh, in that case may I suggest buying some of the gloss black vinyl adhesive decal material, any vinyl sign shop will have it or you can source on eBay, etc. You can just apply it and it looks just like paint, then remove if you ever tire of it.

·
Registered
95 C220
1,362 Posts
i have the glossy ones (maybe) sitting in my garage... was originally thinking bout having it wrapped in CF since i got those OEM cf-looking ones from the junkyard... may think of just selling em as is.... has minor paint chips on the corners but overall in good condition... let me know..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts