Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
142 Posts
Dual Round looks much better. Half moon does not look as good as the stock tip. Sorry, it looks a little strange.

·
Registered
99 230 SLK Sport
42 Posts
I dunno, I like the half moon because its different from the rest. Are you having just the tips replaced or is the a complete muffler replacement? I would like to switch my single stock tip to dual ovals (AMG looking) but I was told I would need to replace the whole muffler so I'm going to wait.

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
Dual Round looks better IMO.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Dual Rounds..

I like the dual-round. Where did you get those from ? are they just tips or complete pipe ? Also, did you have to cut the rear valence to make them fit ? I'm looking to put dual-rounds on my 98 SLK

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a full header - headerback exhaust. The rear bumper is a SLK32 replica. I manage a custom exhaust shop in Denver, so I have some advantages when it comes to aftermarket / custom products :)

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
I manage a custom exhaust shop in Denver, so I have some advantages when it comes to aftermarket / custom products :)
thats usefull !! maybe you should offer some mods for your buddies on the forum [;)]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BlueBenz - 4/26/2005 4:03 AM

thats usefull !! maybe you should offer some mods for your buddies on the forum [;)]
I got burnt a few times doing groupbuys etc at my cost. So if you need anything, simply email me. As long as you are patient and willing to cover my cost, it's all good! [:)]

Etienne,

Did you get email about your exhaust?

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
I got burnt a few times doing groupbuys etc at my cost. So if you need anything, simply email me. As long as you are patient and willing to cover my cost, it's all good!
thanx for the offer, was actually only teasing, but good to know you may be able to help. Sadly i live a few thousand miles away, gonna be one hell of a road trip !!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cklasse303 - 4/28/2005 2:39 AM

Etienne,

Did you get email about your exhaust?
No news, I know the payment passed on my credit card

I am going to pick it up if it's there saturday, altough if the rain doesn't stop I'll probably postpone again.

Was it shipped.

btw for everyone else, CKlasse makes the best exhausts (i.e. theyre give results, not just looks or sound)

Etienne

·
Registered
SLK 320, E320 4_M
67 Posts
Definitely the dual rounds.
I am thinking of having the OEM muffler on my 01 SLK 320 replaced with the Magnaflow Huspower II muffler and dual rounds. My car is chipped and has K&N filters, and I want to improve the ehaust flow through,as well as, get a throattier sound. As a professional, what is your opinion of this mod?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
andrewblong - 4/30/2005 10:21 AM

Definitely the dual rounds.
I am thinking of having the OEM muffler on my 01 SLK 320 replaced with the Magnaflow Huspower II muffler and dual rounds. My car is chipped and has K&N filters, and I want to improve the ehaust flow through,as well as, get a throattier sound. As a professional, what is your opinion of this mod?
Despite on what most companies want to claim, muffler only mod will yield minimal gain (+-2% on dyno). You will maintain your power much better though. Less restriction always means cooler exhaust, and cooler exhaust means cooler manifold.

The KNN and Magnaflow will surely help your custom fuel mapping.

Bottom line: Get the Magnaflow for SOUND and LOOK reasons. The $/hp gain is just not there. BTW..which part # are you looking to get?

·
Registered
SLK 320, E320 4_M
67 Posts
Based on professional advice from Ken, also a forum member, I am going with the Magnaflow,dual tipp street muffler. If you are interested, take a look @
http://www.justmagnaflow.com.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts