Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive got problems trying to remove my rear seats , ive taken the seat tops off ie the cushion seat, but the seat base frame has ,what they call quick release lol, ive turned the pins which popped up about an inch ,tryed to left seat, it lefts abit and seems to jam, turned pins in various position, still unable to remove, tryed to retighten ie lock into place locks easy ,please what am i doing wrong ?any tips most welcome thanks Glenn:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
the seats are on key hole slots. if they have not been out for a while they will need forcing back and then lifting, I used a lever between the floor and seat base

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ensure the slots are clean, when I had them I had all sorts gunked up in there so when was trying to get out they were propperly getting stuck. Also think once you've released you will have to push forward or back and then lift out. (but could be wrong)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ensure the slots are clean, when I had them I had all sorts gunked up in there so when was trying to get out they were propperly getting stuck. Also think once you've released you will have to push forward or back and then lift out. (but could be wrong)
It's defo * towards the back to get the seats out, I.E. if the biggest part of the keyhole was at the front there could be a danger of the seat sliding forwards and coming unfastened.

They can be stiff to get out but once you are sure of exactly what it is you are doing AND that you realize that no matter what you do you can't break anything (they weigh an absolute ton) it will I'm sure, be a lot easier.

*at least it is on mine:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts