·
Registered
83 Posts
Sweet! Nice rims. How does it ride now?

Sweet! Nice rims. How does it ride now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
how much did you pay for your rims? what size are the rears? what offset? do yours rub? ...

how much did you pay for your rims? what size are the rears? what offset? do yours rub? what kinda tires?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 E350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: how much did you pay for your rims? what size are the rears? what offset? do yours rub?

how much did you pay for your rims? what size are the rears? what offset? do yours rub? what kinda tires?
i payed 3700 for the wheels and tires. the rears are 19x9.5 with 32 offset. running 265/30/19s nitto extreme nt 555. i like your car too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i know my car is a little lower but are your tires rubbing a little when you hit dips? d...

i know my car is a little lower but are your tires rubbing a little when you hit dips? did you roll the fender?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi IloveBOTTY, i wonder u guys used offset +32 with 265/30 for the rears,have u guys eve...

Hi IloveBOTTY, i wonder u guys used offset +32 with 265/30 for the rears,have u guys ever had rubbing especially near by the edge of side-bumper, mine had the same offset as yours, in fact i only used original hnr spring without cutting it, but it rub all the time, even i had rolled my fender too. i think it required slightly bumper modification such as grinding ..anyone of you had the same condition as i did, please share your story regarding this mess

·
Registered
2008 E350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: i know my car is a little lower but are your tires rubbing a little when you hit dips? d

i know my car is a little lower but are your tires rubbing a little when you hit dips? did you roll the fender?
it rubbed when i first dropped the car. it rubbed where the bumper meets the rear quarter panel. i just filed it down. most of it is plastic. you'll will know where it rubb, just run your fingers around there and you'll feel it where its sticking out. let me know if that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well i do have cut springs in the rear and mine grindes like a mofo and i even grinded eve...

Well i do have cut springs in the rear and mine grindes like a mofo and i even grinded everything possible even the metal and inner plastic i grinded everything around the bumper bolt. I also cut out piece of the plastic carpet under the wheel well.. I heard the shape of the tires make a difference.. what kind of tires do you use? i have Perrili p 70000 and those are a rounded off tire i heard u should use a square wall on the tire. I wanna go lower but i cant but i think i will i dont care for the rubbing noise

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: Well i do have cut springs in the rear and mine grindes like a mofo and i even grinded eve

Well i do have cut springs in the rear and mine grindes like a mofo and i even grinded everything possible even the metal and inner plastic i grinded everything around the bumper bolt. I also cut out piece of the plastic carpet under the wheel well.. I heard the shape of the tires make a difference.. what kind of tires do you use? i have Perrili p 70000 and those are a rounded off tire i heard u should use a square wall on the tire. I wanna go lower but i cant but i think i will i dont care for the rubbing noise
well did you remove the bolt that stick near by the edge of side-bumper when side bumper meet fender, it was like the surface pretty sharp, i just wondering if i remove that bolt, would my bumper be drop right away or stick into it, i wrapped with dunlop sp-9000. i just really concern if the tires would be wear off so quick, will it possible happen on my rear tires...?

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
i had rolled the fender but apparently paints was peel-off , would the bodyshop able to ...

i had rolled the fender but apparently paints was peel-off , would the bodyshop able to remake the fender like the original ones,once i repaint all four-fenders....?

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
anyone please help me regarding this circumstances!!!!, what should i do, it keep rubbin...

anyone please help me regarding this circumstances!!!!, what should i do, it keep rubbing when on bumpy road, load even a passanger at the back, beside i haven't change my shocks,still OEM one, i might get KONI-shocks what do you think, which one better cup-kit hnr or koni, so do i need grind the bolt stick to the side edge of bumper.....?

what offset u guys hook up for the fronts, mine got +38 always rub when make turn, rub to shocks panel, what size of wheelspacer should i get, is 5 mm would be free if i make the turn, i was really2 upset somethin goes on my car, on and on ,please assist me toward this problem :)

thanks so much in advance guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
that chipping looks awful!! what i think happend is whoever rolled your fender rolled it...

that chipping looks awful!! what i think happend is whoever rolled your fender rolled it to hard and cracked your paint because i really doubt that it should chip.. What springs you using again? if i were you i would use a 3 or 4 pad.. your car is a little lower then mine but i plan to lower my car that low soon.. I would not grind that bolt down!! around it should be ok but honelstly i have no idea what is rubbing on my car i cant really tell.. im going to grind some more down when i lower my car again i cant really tell by your pic of your tire where its rubbing maybe you can take another closer pic of it please.. i have like a ring around my whole tire on were it rubs.. i would guess ur offset is wrong or to stong but i definetly do not suggest spacers.. any advice for me hehe thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: that chipping looks awful!! what i think happend is whoever rolled your fender rolled it

that chipping looks awful!! what i think happend is whoever rolled your fender rolled it to hard and cracked your paint because i really doubt that it should chip.. What springs you using again? if i were you i would use a 3 or 4 pad.. your car is a little lower then mine but i plan to lower my car that low soon.. I would not grind that bolt down!! around it should be ok but honelstly i have no idea what is rubbing on my car i cant really tell.. im going to grind some more down when i lower my car again i cant really tell by your pic of your tire where its rubbing maybe you can take another closer pic of it please.. i have like a ring around my whole tire on were it rubs.. i would guess ur offset is wrong or to stong but i definetly do not suggest spacers.. any advice for me hehe thanks
hey ilovebotty, what currently shocks are u apply on your vehicle....? mine still use oem shocks, i use H&R spring. probably dunlop is too thick ,perhaps falken is thinner n strecher, i'm sure my offset is correct, low-offset make your alloy deeper dish,as the result it may rub so all i need is slight grind inside the bumper. i want my car as low as in this image

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
so do i my friend.. I think the tire makes a big difference i have heard falkens and toyo ...

so do i my friend.. I think the tire makes a big difference i have heard falkens and toyo are good tires for what we need. go to mbworld.org and search under benzino i have like 3 threads about this..

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
Re:

anyone please help me regarding this circumstances!!!!, what should i do, it keep rubbing when on bumpy road, load even a passanger at the back, beside i haven't change my shocks,still OEM one, i might get KONI-shocks what do you think, which one better cup-kit hnr or koni, so do i need grind the bolt stick to the side edge of bumper.....?

what offset u guys hook up for the fronts, mine got +38 always rub when make turn, rub to shocks panel, what size of wheelspacer should i get, is 5 mm would be free if i make the turn, i was really2 upset somethin goes on my car, on and on ,please assist me toward this problem :)

Ok Handoko....I've been reading this over and over from countless people and a couple buddies, my new conclusion is that no matter how much you clear the rear fenders you will still rub. You want to know why? Well it is because they have cut their springs and/OR they dont have new STIFFER shocks. I dont have that problem-they do and I got a half inch width on all of them(but one...). SO no matter what you do Handoko you WILL rub. Esp if you go crazy like esputmono[:p]So to solve the prob get coilovers or new stiffer shocks/struts. I hope everything works out

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: Re:

Ok Handoko....I've been reading this over and over from countless people and a couple buddies, my new conclusion is that no matter how much you clear the rear fenders you will still rub. You want to know why? Well it is because they have cut their springs and/OR they dont have new STIFFER shocks. I dont have that problem-they do and I got a half inch width on all of them(but one...). SO no matter what you do Handoko you WILL rub. Esp if you go crazy like esputmono[:p]So to solve the prob get coilovers or new stiffer shocks/struts. I hope everything works out
thx enrico, but not is not rubbing anymore, i have grinded the bumper as much as possible, now its ok n better i had put 5mm in the fronts, now everthing doin great, so many obstacles due to after market rims and lack of information have ruined my car, i had rolled n now i gotta repaint whole fenders, every bodyshop in British Columbia seems unexperience due to this catasthrope happened to me :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
RE: Wow what do you know its my car!! hehe but mine is better jk...

Where did you get that lip kit for your car?? That's wayyy nice

1 - 20 of 21 Posts