Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Can't really see why you would need More brakes..these brakes set up properly will survive track duty which is Far beyond what any remotely sane person will put these through on the street.

In short, there is no bolt up upgrade. AMG used SL calipers back in the day, but it's still not a plug and play. Stoptech will make you a big brake kit for around 3K.

Jonathan

·
Registered
617 Posts
The brakes on this car are phenomenal. I know we always want to upgrade, but the feel, performance, and ability of these brakes on such a big car always astound me. I love braking! Well, I love driving this car period.

To compare, I have Baer Brakes with 13" slotted/drilled rotors and Hawk pads on my other car, and they don't compare to the set-up on this stock car. I'm running Bendix premium pads on the Benz, and they work phenomenally. If anything, I wish I could swap the Benz brakes for the ones on my 'sports' car.

As far as the springs, dont know. But Jonathon can hook-you up for springs, and he is very reputable. I've bought from him before and haven't been disappointed.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,275 Posts
The brakes on this car are phenomenal. I know we always want to upgrade, but the feel, performance, and ability of these brakes on such a big car always astound me. I love braking! Well, I love driving this car period.

To compare, I have Baer Brakes with 13" slotted/drilled rotors and Hawk pads on my other car, and they don't compare to the set-up on this stock car. I'm running Bendix premium pads on the Benz, and they work phenomenally. If anything, I wish I could swap the Benz brakes for the ones on my 'sports' car.

As far as the springs, dont know. But Jonathon can hook-you up for springs, and he is very reputable. I've bought from him before and haven't been disappointed.

Welcome. To take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies. It will show how to search the forum, and even has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#. The forum archive has a wealth of information, incl. many write ups re your topic.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome. To take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies. It will show how to search the forum, and even has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#. The forum archive has a wealth of information, incl. many write ups re your topic.
What the hell????

·
Registered
13,337 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Well, the stock brakes are okay until you are running with a pack of newer cars in Michigan in the triple digits! When we were in Detroit last year at Satish's and got back to his shop, his brakes were smoked. Of course he has the V12 under the hood, but the rest of us stock 126'ers had quite hot brakes. His rotors were blue and smoking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts