Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SL550
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this phone on the comand in this year car? Posted in the sticky as well, but no response there.
tia

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sport
67 Posts
Anyone tried this phone on the comand in this year car? Posted in the sticky as well, but no response there.
tia
For some reason it is hard to get any feedback on phone compatabiliuty on this forum. I have an HTC Evo on sprint which some folks said had issues. However, I installed the Bluetooth and when I paired up my phone it connected and downloaded all my contacts with no problems.

My 2 cents, if it helps? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
tia
Won't work. You need a phone with an operational RSAP protocol. I learned that the hard way, and am now stuck with a Droid2 that Verizon won't take back.

//greg//

·
Registered
2013 SL550
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks for the responses. i didn't know what RSAP was, so i googled rsap and android. It appears that if you upgrade the operating system to Froyo 2.2 rsap is supported according to some.
since you have the phone, try the upgrade and if it works let us know...tia

·
Registered
573 Posts
thanks for the responses. i didn't know what RSAP was, so i googled rsap and android. It appears that if you upgrade the operating system to Froyo 2.2 rsap is supported according to some.
since you have the phone, try the upgrade and if it works let us know...tia
I think you got that backwards. First, FROYO is v2.2. It's the operating system in the Droid2. The versions before that include Eclair (2.0/2.1), Donut (1.6), Cupcake (1.5). They are earlier Droid phones. When the Droid2 came out, it was already using v2.2.

The backwards part is where some folks say their earlier Droids worked with higher end European Bluetooth hands-free systems. Nokia seems to have established sort of a monopoly on those systems, and apparently got upset with Google trying to win a piece of the market share. The subsequent legal wrangling caused Google to drop/disable RSAP in FROYO. See Issue 4402 - android - rSAP / Sim access bluetooth profile - Project Hosting on Google Code .

At least that how I've been able to piece it all together. I had Verizon decommission the Droid2, then replaced it with a used Blackberry Storm (9530). The Droid2 is collecting dust now, but the Blackberry's working just fine.

//greg//

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wow. thanks for the information and the link.
No problem. I just hope I interpreted the situation accurately, there was some "reading between the lines" involved. Since the issue doesn't seem to be spelled out in any one place, that's just what I put together myself from numerous sources.

Anybody want to buy a barely used Droid2 ?!?!?

//greg//

·
Registered
2013 SL550
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
viseeo - can you expand on that answer please. i have MHI. what is mb-2, and tooki for mb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts