Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago, I posted a message about my 1987 260E(200,000km). I have a problem with rough idle! Thanks to all for the feedback, but the problem is still there. The car idles at 700-750 rpm and the motor shakes and vibrates at this idle. I have done a complete tune-up(fuel filter, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, filters, cleaned throttle-body, oil change, fuel injector cleaner). Still nothing! I also checked the idle control valve, the ovp relay and the E.H.A. There all ok! Maybe it's a vacuum leak , I don't know?
Anybody, any ideas??????????

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your a "CHAMP", this guy at work told me the same thing! See, when it idles at 700-750 rpm, the needle on the rpm gauge doesn't go up or down! But, the motor on the other-hand shakes and vibrates like a mother#@**&^! Very good sign it's the mounts! Next week, I'll do them and I'll tell you how it went and I will post some informative installation pictures!
Thanks again for the feedback, Inkprksoldier

Spiros Artemakis (yes, yes, I'm Greek)

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
lol sweet! i helped somebody. when i went to autozone to get some polish for my car. then i asked the lady... why not, she might know. then i told her that i heard on the internet that changing the motor mounts might fix the problem. she said it had nothing to do with it... maybe thats why women shouldn't be mechanics :p

*** womens joke below, if you are offended by this stuff, stop reading!! ***

Why are women's feet shorter than mens?
So they can stand closer to the stove!

** done with the joke ***

ok anyways... i haven't looked much into this... but how much will it cost if i would do it.. and how much if a mechanic would do it

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
i have a similar problem.. is another sympton of bad engine mounts stuttering acceleration???

oh and side question. my friend drive down the street and when going at like 40 mph, he goes into neutral and revvs the car... i don't think that can be good for it. am i right or is it ok?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I know what this is. This is the rotar cap. It needs to be replaced. Once you replace this item you will see a noticable improvement of at least 2% in the idle.
Try it and let me know how it works out.
I recomended this for one of my friends last summer and be still hasn't stopped thanking me.

The last resort is that you need to flush out your windshield wiper fluid. The elimination of fluid in there will help the car not to shake as much. You will see a 20-30 % improvement.

Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What the hell are you talking about ?

Do you own a Mercedes?
Is it a real car or a dinky car?
I know, I know your probably a girl!
DID YOU KNOW THAT WINDOW TINTING ADDS 20HP TO ANY CAR? DAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts