Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML500
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving impression on C240 Wagon?? Anyone?? I got an loaner for C320 Wagon and my wife really love it but since its gonna be a spare car I'm thinking about just get the new C240 wagon. How is the performance on it. It is worth buying. Where I live requires a lot of climing, would it be too slow for the task?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Driving impression on C240 Wagon?? Anyone?? I got an loaner for C320 Wagon and my wife really love it but since its gonna be a spare car I'm thinking about just get the new C240 wagon. How is the performance on it. It is worth buying. Where I live requires a lot of climing, would it be too slow for the task?
If you're going to be doing a lot of hill climbing, I would suggest the C320 instead. The larger engine will have to rev quite a bit less and that should help with fuel economy as well as with longevity.

I have driven several C240's for extended durations, as well as a couple of C320 wagons and find am always perplexed as to why people think that the C240 is "slow". It feels plenty quick to me in traffic! It might not have the low end torque from a dead stop that the 3.2L V6 has, however it's certainly more than adequate.

·
Registered
'83 300SD Turbo
77 Posts
Put 2-3 passenger in there with you and turn the a/c on...Then you'll see how under-powere...

Put 2-3 passenger in there with you and turn the a/c on...Then you'll see how under-powered it is, especially if it's a 4MATIC....168hp ain't gonna cut it..
[V]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
It's not bad...

Put 2-3 passenger in there with you and turn the a/c on...Then you'll see how under-powered it is, especially if it's a 4MATIC....168hp ain't gonna cut it..
[V]
I've driven the C240s extensively with 4 passengers + A/C on, and it has absolutely no problems in traffic or on the highway. The only place where it could use more power in those situations, is when climbing a hill. In that situation, the C320 certainly has much more torque at hand, and does not need to rev as high, or downshift as much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts