Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Driving enthusiasts unite!

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  BENSIN 
#1 ·
Just like the site says. If enough people sign this we can make it happen, if you're for the God given right of driving enthusiasm, sign the petition! Tell all your friends!

License to Speed - In Pursuit of Liberty

P.S. - This isn't here as a topic of debate, just want to spread the word to like minds!

#2 ·
Petition

A novel idea Bensin and I'm all for it but it will probably have a snowballs change in hell of passing. I think a pay toilet in a diahrea ward would have a better chance. Not putting U down but the idea. I could just see the traffic cops tyring to figure out which car to stop. "Sir, you were doing 189 mph in a 75. Oh! You have a high speed license? (damn)"

#3 · (Edited)
Hold on dlb, if the TSA can give special dispensation to "Registered Travelers" to speed up airport screening, why can't we identify those drivers that can safely exceed the arbitrary speed limits imposed on the masses; including those unskilled, drug addicted and stupid drivers we encounter every day? Long shot? Sure, but stranger things have happened. IMO US drivers are typically not courteous or law abiding enough to allow this type of two-teir program.

#4 ·
maybe so, with the small chances, but I'm signing it anyway, might as well...got nothing to lose but speeding tickets and fines.

#5 ·
"Sir, you were doing 189 mph in a 75. Oh! You have a high speed license? (damn)"

yea...and wouldn't it be AWESOME, to......SPEED AWAY!? I would stomp the gas extra hard, so I can communicate via exhaust notes what I think of his speeding tickets...and where he can put them.

#7 ·
Sweet! At last! A response! LOL

I assumed more members here would be turned on to this. Glad you signed up, the more support this site/petition gets the more we might get some justice!

#9 ·
:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2: :tosser1:

#10 ·
Why the hell should I do the speed limit at 4 AM when there is nothing and no one on the roads except me? If I hit something, that's my problem, no one else around... Won't be a problem though since I pay attention to the road when I'm driving.

Want to talk about unsafe drivers? Cell phone users, coffee drinkers, women doing their make up, adults trying to calm down kids in the back seat, guys shaving on the way to work, etc... Don't even get me started on elderly doing 40 in the fast lane on the highway.

A driving enthusiast is the safest driver on the road...and no I'm not talking about teens trying to race. Far as the track goes, the closest one to me is on the other end of the state, I'm not going to drive down there just to drive fast.

That site has it right, if the road is clear for it, you should be able to drive faster. Hopefully in turn this will cause some kind of reform over at the DMV, considering a lot of people don't know what the hell they're doing on the road.

#11 ·
4:00 a.m.

Hey rebel boy: If you are up at 4:00 a.m., you are either sleep deprived or jacked up on crank and I wouldn't want you or anybody else like that out there driving at high speeds. public highways are not your private race track when you think you are justified. I drive fast on occasion when no one else is around but I don't think I deserve a special license to do so and if I get busted I deserved it cuz I was stupid enough to get caught. anarchy? hmmm. not gonna dignify this discussion with any further responses.

#15 ·
Hey rebel boy: If you are up at 4:00 a.m., you are either sleep deprived or jacked up on crank and I wouldn't want you or anybody else like that out there driving at high speeds. public highways are not your private race track when you think you are justified. I drive fast on occasion when no one else is around but I don't think I deserve a special license to do so and if I get busted I deserved it cuz I was stupid enough to get caught. anarchy? hmmm. not gonna dignify this discussion with any further responses.
Public highways are not my private race track, you're right. They're my public race track. ...and as far as being sleep deprived or jacked up on crank, try jacked up on a full day's rest. I don't work the day shift, but thanks for playing. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the support gsxr...I'd say 'baby' but yea...that'd be weird. :D

#12 · (Edited)
damn people on this forum are old, or freaking scared to drive fast, first thing if you speed you pay atention whats going on in front, second you wont be speeding in traffic, or on a rush hours, third to get licenses in USA you can have no skilss, and you still will get it! I think it's a right thing to do, it not like we will be going 90 in 45, maybe 60. and I do drive some times in a morning to, and DBEHRNS, if your talking were about your self, sell your clk I dont want to see it crash!!! I mean in USA you cant drive fast anywere, except track lol. I do 130 on highway I got caught only once, and I got warning. I hate then I drive 1st lane 130, and were is lunatic going 50 and blocking the road, your slower move away thats a rule everywere!!!!!! I HOPE IT WORKS OUT!!!! and forgot to add, I get on paid highways their empty, and I can go as fast as I can, In Europe Paid highways got no speed limits, if you don't have skill to control it on high speed don't do it!

#18 ·
lol @ the hypocrisy

legalize weed, right... alcohol is legal and people can't even handle that.

Want to smoke weed, sit on your couch and stay there until the high wears off.

:big laugh:

Finally found a use for these:

:elefant::dance::elefant:

#19 ·
daym I am putting this on my wish list

#20 ·
first of all i was comparing the two.... second of all listen to ure selves with this crazy dumb law...like thats gonna happen....i was comparing the both since that was the number one question everyone had asked obama... too legalize weed idiots! just another dumb law some jackass thought off....oooo lets drive fast.....yeah good one ....

#21 ·
love the cartoon figures bro.....how old are u again? and u drive? and u want a license to speed? stop watching cartoons and get back to reality..... 55 is the limit and get use to it! ure lucky they let u go 15 mph over ......should of thought of becoming a nascar driver instead of stayin home and watching them cartoons.....

#22 ·
Why you have to talk about cartoons, or someones age or if hes driving, everyone down hears knows him, and hes probably older then you (idk your age), and do you have problem with others driving fast? in that case keep it to your self, I don't have problem with you doing some other dumb stuff!!! so shut a ***** UP!!! Thanks! :thumbsup: and Nascar what sport is it? I don't call it Racing, yeah DTM or F1 is RACING!!!

#23 ·
lol!!

no worries man, pay no mind to naysayers, just spread the word to fellow driving enthusiasts like us! :) :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.