Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
1998 ML320
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange problem. This winter I went to roll down the window and the glass had frozen to the frame rubber and evidently caused the glass to come out of the regulator channel. I took the door card off and looked and the glass is fine and the channel looks ok but there is a rubber channel that may be perished. I am not sure how the glass goes into the channel. I did try to put the rubber on the glass edge and reinsert but it seemed to just pop right back out when operating the regulator up or down. I called a local glass place but got a should be an easy fix but we "always" find something else broken ie jack up the repair price. So is there an easy way to get this fixed?

TNX!

W163 and General M Gremlin
I have a strange problem. This winter I went to roll down the window and the glass had frozen to the frame rubber and evidently caused the glass to come out of the regulator channel. I took the door card off and looked and the glass is fine and the channel looks ok but there is a rubber channel that may be perished. I am not sure how the glass goes into the channel. I did try to put the rubber on the glass edge and reinsert but it seemed to just pop right back out when operating the regulator up or down. I called a local glass place but got a should be an easy fix but we "always" find something else broken ie jack up the repair price. So is there an easy way to get this fixed?

TNX!
Some photos would be helpful to describe your issue.

Take a look here - it may be helpful

Registered
ML320 2002
I replaced two window regulators so far. It is very hard for windows to come out of the track, unless something is broken or very loose. You need to open it and find out. There is no quick fix in there.

Registered
Dallas, Texas
I replaced two window regulators so far. It is very hard for windows to come out of the track, unless something is broken or very loose. You need to open it and find out. There is no quick fix in there.
I think question is about horizontal channel that glass is pressed in at factory.

Attachments

Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
I did try to put the rubber on the glass edge and reinsert but it seemed to just pop right back out when operating the regulator up or down.
Re-attempt, but with glue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts