Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ML320,S420 ,former 380SEC, 300D
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drives side window has stoped working, I thought that it may be a fuse, but all fuses are OK, also the passenger back window, is not responding, and the cigarete lighter is off.
I also checked the switch and it's getting power, so not sure what to do next.
Please help, any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
That sounds like my car completely, I have 1 working window, non-working sunroof, no lighter, no dash lights.. I am getting power at the switches for everything ( except the lighter/dash lights ) I'm thinking it's the window motors are frozen up. The lighter I think has a second fuse, and a bad head light switch, since the book doesn't show a dash light adjustment switch... You may have to pull the door panel off, and if you have a 1/2 way desant multi meter check for contaneuaty between the window switch ( pull the switch off ) and the window motor, and check for contaneuty within the motor it self, also durring that check, do an ohm reading, check service manual for resistance specs between the switch block and the motor hook up to rule out any shorts. If I had a multi meter, I'd do the same thing... but I don't so I can't... But you can [:D]

·
Registered
ML320,S420 ,former 380SEC, 300D
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved!
I rechecked the fuses again, and the fuse"a" was defective, it must have been the old type as it did not look broken, but the middle was black.
good luck with fixing your problem.
PS. Thanks for your advice, also you can buy a multimeter at any Radio Shack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts