Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[8D]Can anyone tell me how to remove the drivers side door panel on my 1990SE W126. The drivers window will lower with no problem, but when attempting to raise it, the rear portion of the window lifts first causing the front section to jamb. If I grab the top front of the window and pull up while pressing the switch, the window will eventually correct itself and close. I can lower and raise the window about a third of the way down, but anymore and I have problems. It appears as thought it may be a simple problem (loose screw, etc.) but I'm not sure. I started to take the door apart, but wasn't sure what I was getting into so I decided to seek other advice. Any help?

BTW, the car is in immaculate condition with only 137k miles.

Mike

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Here's a thread that was posted a bit ago... Hope this helps...

http://forums.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1207089&posts=5&fid=12

·
Registered
2007 S550
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot Razz.. I saw that thread but I had one question. The thread mentioned removing a piece of trim above the door panel. Unless my model has a slight change, I`m not sure what this refers to. Any clue?

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Some cars have a trim pease twards the top. Think it's the part that has the door handle, and the seat adjuster in it ( in some models )

Good Luck to you, I'll be doing a simaler job on 3 of my 4 doors, as well as pealing the head liner out to find the sunroof motor ( posably in the trunk anyway?? ).. My start that project in the morning ( Kid staying outta the way provided... yea right lol )

·
Registered
2007 S550
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow up. I finally got the door panel off with the hope of doing the job myself. Once I got into it turns out there was no access to the interior of the door (at least none that i could see)and it looked like a job that was over my head. I ended up taking it to a mechanic to get the regulator replaced. $450.00 later, I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the assistance,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts