Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 s420 98 s420
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friends 07 s550 drivers side window stopped working. Jumped the motor and its fine. Ruled out a bad module as other things it controls were functioning properly. So decided to reprogram the module, window started to work again.

Now iam going crazy trying to figure out why would it need reprogramming if it wasnt touched to begin with and what would cause it to need new programming. Ony thought was the new program raised its operating temp safety shut off, but I cant imagine this would effect it from a cold start.
So would anyone know why one would need to reprogram a window module all of the sudden?

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is so funny, I just had the same problem today as well on my 2007 S550. Everything works except for the driver windows. How did you "jumped the motor" or "programmed the module"? My car is just 2 months out of extended warranty?

·
Registered
94 s420 98 s420
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is so funny, I just had the same problem today as well on my 2007 S550. Everything works except for the driver windows. How did you "jumped the motor" or "programmed the module"? My car is just 2 months out of extended warranty?
My buddy jumped some wires not sure which and the motor was fine. I called the dealer in North Jersey and explained the situation and told me programming alone will never make for a none operating window. So I can see where they were going, either replace a motor for no reason, module or switch. Then decided to take it a local shop where they had star and sure enough after reprogramming all was well. Its an issue to be cautious with when presenting it to the dealer as theyre trigger happy to just start replacing things. I just wish I know what goes wrong that one needs reprogramming. Hopefully the dealer will reprogram it for you and not replace your entire door. At least give that a shot at first. Will try to inquire about this and update with any new info I have as to what exactly happens that one needs programming without touching anything.

·
Registered
2007 s550
4 Posts
I have a 2007 S550. The drivers side window just quit working. Everything else is fine. Could the 2014 Nav. update have had anything to do with this?

How do you "reset the module"????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all. My passenger just stopped working yesterday. It's down about two inches and will not go up or down. Any new home troubleshooting tips I can try out before bringing it to the dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So a friends 07 s550 drivers side window stopped working. Jumped the motor and its fine. Ruled out a bad module as other things it controls were functioning properly. So decided to reprogram the module, window started to work again.

Now iam going crazy trying to figure out why would it need reprogramming if it wasnt touched to begin with and what would cause it to need new programming. Ony thought was the new program raised its operating temp safety shut off, but I cant imagine this would effect it from a cold start.
So would anyone know why one would need to reprogram a window module all of the sudden?

Cheers.

How do you reprogram?

Thank you,

JT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts