Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well apparently the parking attendant got too close to the wall in my 2002 ml and knicked the sideview mirror signal light just enough to cause it to fold in from the the pressure- However he cracked the white plastic signal light cover that is part of the sideview mirror case.

Anyone ever replace this and is it very hard to do ?

And of course how much moola ?

thanks
Matt

·
Registered
99 ML430
24 Posts
Somebody stole one off mine (non-signal). I ended up getting a set of signal mirrors from . They cost about 210 painted.

I'll let you know how they turn out...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone have exp with replacement of this item?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Replacing the mirror signal itself is real easy - it is a single screw that fixes the signal to the mirror cover. The rub is that you have to remove the mirror cover to get at it. The mirror cover itself attaches to the mirror frame with a spring clip - depress that clip and the mirror cover slides off the mirror frame (to the outside). You may be able to get at it by adjusting the mirror glass inwards as far as it will go, and depressing the clip with a long, thin screwdriver. The attached photo shows the clip that must be depressed (the copper color metal clip) and the screw you must undo (right below the clip).

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow thank you for the DIY tips. I plan to buy the part tomorrow from Helms Brothers here in Queens NYC.

Then Ill attempt to install it with your instructions...

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Helms brothers wants $50 bucks for the signal cover... a rip off I think but I bucked up anyway..afterallits just a piece of plastic.

anyway...Ill do the install over the weekend and report back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts