Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MB ML500
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed recently when I press the accelerator from a dead stop, the D/S of my engine virtually tries to jump out of the engine bay and of course comes down with a thump. I did a search of the site and concluded that I have a motor mount issue. Even though I am a pretty good tooling on cars, it seems like it is a quite a task to get to it to replace. With that said I was curious: (1) if anyone has had their ML motor mount(s) replaced by the stealership? (2) Is it a good idea to have both sides replaced even though only the one is bad right now and (3) Approximately how much can I expect to dole out? Thanks in advance.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,579 Posts
Usually the engine torque will have an effect on one side more than the other because of taking off in drive. The other side would be effected when in reverse.

I can tell you that the mounts are about $35 each but the labor to install both mounts at the dealer is 4 hrs.. So figure $500 in labor plus the parts.

If you don't have access to a lift and the ability to raise the engine, you will be forced to have the work done at the dealer or an independent mechanic.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts