Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'96 sl 320
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can open the door from outside when locked with the remote or the key, the button is down too, and the red signal light at the lock blinks. Anyone know how to fix this?

stewedg
96 sl320

·
Outstanding Contributor
2003 SL500, 2003 SL55, and four R129s
4,454 Posts
Does the red led blink for about 3 seconds (everything locked) or does it blink for about 10 seconds (problem locking)?

·
Outstanding Contributor
4,454 Posts
I believe there is a pneumatic actuator in the door which operates the door lock through a mechanical linkage. Your actuator appears to be working properly, stew, since the controller which monitors its operation is not reporting an error.

I think you are going to have to take the door panel off and see what is going on. Carlos found this link for the procedure: http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalMBZFDrPnl.htm.

·
Registered
'96 sl 320
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the door panel off, the "actuator" is mounted behind the inner skin of the door structure with 2 bolts, It is not easily accessible and I cant see what happens while the thing is operating. I'm worried that if I unbolt it the linkage etc will come apart/fall away? Would it help to remove the doorhandle? any ideas appreciated.
Thanks,
Stewedg

·
Outstanding Contributor
4,454 Posts
If you can't see what is going on, Stew, then you might consider removing the lock mechanism to have a look at it. And you have to remove the door handle before you do that. I'm sending you an email...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts