Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 420sel, 83 volvo 244
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking it would be nice if the driver's side armrest matched the passenger side of my 560sl. the passenger side sweeps up to the door latch mechanism to form a door pull. my 450sel has them on both sides and it does provide a spot for my left hand to hang out on long straight drives. any ideas on where to look?

·
Registered
1982 380SL / 1991 420SE / 1978 VW Westfalia Camper Bus.
388 Posts
Th UK's ebay perhaps. Their RHD cars came with the reverse set up in that of ours. If you can find their passenger's side door pull handle it would solve your problem. I always thought that it would look more symetrical to have the door pull handles looking the same on both doors

·
Premium Member
22,841 Posts
jaconab said:
I always thought that it would look more symetrical to have the door pull handles looking the same on both doors

That's those Teutonic design engineers elevating function over form. That isn't a door pull, but a stability handle for the passenger. The driver is expected to have his hands on the steering wheel...

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
Here is a conveniently recent pic of ConorD's RHD. You'll also need the door handle bezel.
Are you sure? The LHD driver side bezel has the same kind of recess as the passenger side, it's just covered up by that little snap-in bit. I think just the arm rest would do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts