Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out how to remove the rear attaching bolt on the driver's seat on my 79 240D with manual seats. The bolt is in a very small space and I can't even turn the bolt one flat of my wrench. Is there some trick to doing this? Special tools?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I R/R'ed my seats I simply slid the seats all the way forward. Move the seat as far as it will go forward using both the slide(front of seat) and the height( side of seat) adjustments.<br>I used a socket and ratchet.<br>hope this helps.<br>Mark.<br>ps. watch out for the seat belt bar-thingie.<p><br>: I cannot figure out how to remove the rear attaching bolt on the driver's seat on my 79 240D with manual seats. The bolt is in a very small space and I can't even turn the bolt one flat of my wrench. Is there some trick to doing this? Special tools? <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: When I R/R'ed my seats I simply slid the seats all the way forward. Move the seat as far as it will go forward using both the slide(front of seat) and the height( side of seat) adjustments.<br>I used a socket and ratchet.<br>hope this helps.<br>Mark.<br>ps. watch out for the seat belt bar-thingie.<p><br>: I cannot figure out how to remove the rear attaching bolt on the driver's seat on my 79 240D with manual seats. The bolt is in a very small space and I can't even turn the bolt one flat of my wrench. Is there some trick to doing this? Special tools? <p><p>I finally found out that my height adjusting levers had broken handles and as a result I had never tried to move them. Finally put a pair of vice grips on it, pulled and then when the seat slid full forward the bolts were exposed.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My height adjustment was simmilar. I remedied this by completely removing the brocken plastic handle. Then I took a piece of rope and attached a "loop" to the lever. The lever has a hole in it that will be exposed once you remove the plastic. Not very authentic looking but very functional, not to mention it will not break in your hand. While the seat is out I would suggest cleaning and lubing the slider and height adjustment.<br>The best way to do that is to remove the sliders. They come of with a couple of screws, if I remember correctly. <br>Mark.<p><br>: : When I R/R'ed my seats I simply slid the seats all the way forward. Move the seat as far as it will go forward using both the slide(front of seat) and the height( side of seat) adjustments.<br>I used a socket and ratchet.<br>hope this helps.<br>Mark.<br>ps. watch out for the seat belt bar-thingie.<p><br>: I cannot figure out how to remove the rear attaching bolt on the driver's seat on my 79 240D with manual seats. The bolt is in a very small space and I can't even turn the bolt one flat of my wrench. Is there some trick to doing this? Special tools? <p><p>I finally found out that my height adjusting levers had broken handles and as a result I had never tried to move them. Finally put a pair of vice grips on it, pulled and then when the seat slid full forward the bolts were exposed.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.