Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S420, 1985 560SL, 1993 SAAB 900 Turbo Vert
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all,

In the past week, I have been getting an annoying click and a small amount of movement from my drivers seat. Now I am not a small person by any means, 6 ft 3 and 280 lbs, but this is driving me frickin nuts. I don't really notice it till I put on the brake and it is like it clicks down ever so slightly, anyone else have this issue and what is the fix as it is driving me crazy. I know it is something little but I take perfect care of my car, and don't want this to happen anymore.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
'14 E350, '07 CLK350, '01 SLK320
1,148 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I believe it is caused by worn gears in the seat adjuster mechanism. I remember reading somewhere that replacement gears for this thing are heinously expensive, so I have forced myself to deal with it for now. One of these days when I have nothing better to do I will tear into it and see if I can tighten it up.

You can try adjusting the seat cushion length in or out a bit and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1992 & 1993 300SE
22 Posts
Seat Movement

Noticed same thing in my 300SE..seat seemed to rock, not much, but noticeable.

I poked around and saw it was going to be a MAJOR job getting into the gearing...but, I did alleviate it some by raising the seat straight up...still rocks, but not as much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts