Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle: Mercedes 1998 E300TD

4am this morning I wrongfully attempted to fix a sloppy connection (wire harness to headlight) In doing so I left the car running to have some light (dumb of me)

In doing so I touched both wires together and caused a spark.

Issue:
Light bulb is ok, connection is now ok, fuse is ok- but drivers side headlight will not work.

I have checked all fuses, but fuse manual directs me to fuse 3, 15 and 41 all of which are good.

I opened the relay box behind the fuse panel and there is no identification as to which is for headlights (there is only 5 total). I tried listening for clicking when turning car on and off... not a sound. I tried pulling individual relays and no luck isolating.

I did come across another site saying newer models contain a resistor in the harness which can burn in situations like this.... As the harness is all taped up I can not find it.....

Is there something I am missing? Is the correct relay somewhere else? Harness leads right to relay/fuse box. Any ideas about this resistor?

I know there are similar posts, but they usually end up needing a new bulb, or fuse which I have checked and confirmed.

Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eagleone, thanks for the info.

I have no idea why I was completely oblivious to this side dash fuse panel.
Simple fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts