Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend bought a volvo S60 R, which is a reasonable performance car, and this "came with" a driver training course. I have also heard of this with a Saab Viggen.

Mercedes, BMW and others offer performance driver training classes. I am expecting an SLK55 in June, and am thinking about attending. Just a bit concerned about the power.

Any experience with these, or have most people just got in the car and driven? Is a course worthwhile, or important, or just a fun way to spend a day?

Thanks!

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
It is most definately a fun way to spend the day, and you will be amazed at some of the little tricks you will learn about your car!!! [:D]

I've had the chance to take part in three different types of drivers days - all organised by MB UK.

The first, and my favourite was when my Dad got his ML and was given the chance to go on the MB Off-Road Experience - it was such a laugh, and a real eye-opener as to how the ML handled off road. [:O] MB do no motifications to any of the cars they are stock, with the expection of the lead ML driven by MB drivers, which has a front winch - just in case [;)]

The second was with my Mom, and was a ladies defense driving course - for me being a lone female driver, it had some useful information and some interesting driving tips!!! [:p]

Finally there was the chance to experience the different MB cars at some well known car testing circuit in Birmingham. The highlight of that was the ice effect part of the track and experiencing how the cars handle with traction and ESP enabled and disabled!!! Disabled - quite scary, I nearly ended up off the track!!! [:0] [8)] I also enjoying watching how the A Class handled the ice!!! It rocked, it swerved, but stayed upright!!! [:D]

So I say go for it!!! And have some fun!!! [8D]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
jlangmd - 3/26/2005 7:57 AM

A friend bought a volvo S60 R, which is a reasonable performance car, and this "came with" a driver training course. I have also heard of this with a Saab Viggen.

Mercedes, BMW and others offer performance driver training classes. I am expecting an SLK55 in June, and am thinking about attending. Just a bit concerned about the power.

Any experience with these, or have most people just got in the car and driven? Is a course worthwhile, or important, or just a fun way to spend a day?

Thanks!
GO for it!!! I attend many driving events whenever possible and pick up great hints as well as having a good time...also went to Bondurants twice and it has helped with skills that come in handy...[;)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts