Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes E270 cdi w211 late 2002
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have a Mercedes E270 cdi w211 late 2002.
I’m having a problem with water getting in onto the footwell, mine is a RHD U.K. model. I recently had a new front screen fitted and I couldn’t see any obstacles to prevent the water getting in all looked clear.
So I’m thinking the water maybe getting in behind the fire wall? Also maybe getting in through the wing?
Any help or advice or photos etc would be truly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Hayden

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,086 Posts
Windshield drain goes about mid of the screen to flexible tube. Tube goes under the aux battery. Under the battery 'well' there is a simple hole and another piece of small tube insode to wing. Usually large tube from windshield is bulged under aux battery, and flooding the drain. Or small drain hole is blocked by debris.

·
Registered
Mercedes E270 cdi w211 late 2002
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Windshield drain goes about mid of the screen to flexible tube. Tube goes under the aux battery. Under the battery 'well' there is a simple hole and another piece of small tube insode to wing. Usually large tube from windshield is bulged under aux battery, and flooding the drain. Or small drain hole is blocked by debris.
Many thanks for your help will be checking it out and I’ll let you know the outcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts