Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone thank you for all of the great information that is provide on this forum. And thanks in advance for your help in advance. I have a 1982 240 Diesel - I bought this car at the begining on of the summer and it runs great besides one thing that start about a month ago. The problem - is where the driver side rear shock (the bottom part) is suppose to attaches to the car has rusted out and it looks like the shock just hangs down through the rust hole. If I want to fix this what is the name of the part of where the bottom of the shock is suppose to mount? Another question is how safe is it to drive this car in the current state - it seems the only problem it when you are driving over speed bumps or driving on the freeway and hitting a bump.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
The part is called a semi-trailing arm. I don't know how bad your part is but you may want...

The part is called a semi-trailing arm. I don't know how bad your part is but you may want to consider just fabricating a piece of heavy gauge metal to repair the trailing arm. It's a lot of work to replace it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.