Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 & 2001.5 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax EC/LB LB7
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new driver mirror for my CLK 430. Where can I find a cheap one? I heard from the dealer that the OEM mirror runs somewhere in the $300+ range. Is there a mirror that is cheaper than that? I don't really care if it is electrochromatic or not.

If you have any info on this I would greatly apprieciate it!
Thanks!
Zack

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
There was actually someone on this forum who was selling theirs, it was a recent posting too. Check out the first few pages of the forum or search it and you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Wait, do you want the entire assembly or 'just' the mirror?

Upon reading your original post again, I'm going to guess 'just' the mirror?

...like I said in the other thread, I'm tired. So I'm not all here.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
159 Posts
Not sure about the Velcro comment, I never saw anything like that in there. I had to replace my mirror last year. I just went to an Auto Glass place, gave them the old broken cover, and had them cut a new piece of glass to fit. It was $30. I put the new glass in the old cover, then hooked that up to the motor mount piece.

A few months later was in an accident and got the mirror replaced under my deductible.

To put it on... Plug in the wires. Tilt the circle plastic piece (#2) all the way down, so the top is easier to get to. On the back of the mirror (#3), there are two grooves on the bottom that will fit with the two notches on the bottom of the circle plastic piece. Match those up first. On the back of the mirror, there is a wire at the top. That wire needs to snap over the notch at the top of the circle plastic piece. I used a pocket knife or small screwdriver to hold the wire up while i put the mirror on the notches and then let the wire snap into place. It took me a few tries before it worked. Hope this helps.
To take it off... I would think that you would need to somehow pull that wire up, maybe with a small hook or something to release the mirror to take it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLK-430
114 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLK-430
114 Posts
if you are interested both ways are possible ebay, and paypal, ebay ill put em on ebay and you buy em, or ill give you my paypal account and you make a payment to my paypal account.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts