Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 c220 CDI battery died. I am unable to even unlock the car. I've tried the secure key that is within the fob. It works in the boot but not in the driver door. I've tried to WD-40 the lock and still nothing. I need to get into the car to open bonnet to get to the battery. Any advice?

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
725 Posts
Can you get to the starter?.. or pick the cheapest window to pop.. Or do you have an aftermarket power amp in the boot ?

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts
Have you ever used the physical key before? Unless you bought the car new, its entirely possible it isn't seized, but you simply have the wrong key. When I first got my ML, I went through this. Turns out that some previous owner had changed out the door handle, and never swapped the key cylinder.

As for your immediate problem, you are going to have to have a locksmith or friend with slim-jim break into the car for you. There isn't any reliable way to pop the hood due to the anti-theft shield around the latches.

@bobby735 does have a great idea though...back feeding power via the starter. If you can get under the car, remove the cover and using jumper cables connect a battery, even a small motorcycle/lawn tractor battery, to the positive cable that comes from the car battery. Then connect ground to the chassis and have someone try to unlock the door with the keyfob. It just might work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts