Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML350/2009 C300
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...technical question. I have a 2006 ML350. Just tonight I locked my vehicle with the remote and heard the doors lock and the lights flashed three times. I walked by the car a couple minutes later and tugged on the drivers door handle.....it opened right up. The other doors were locked tight except the drivers door. I played with it the next several minutes......trying different scenarios with me in the car and using the inside lock and unlock buttons. Noting worked the driver door wont lock. The lock piece that sticks up out of the door moves up and down as it is supposed to. I tried pushing it down by hand then walking around to the outside of the door and it pulls right open! This is extremely frustrating as you can imagine. Has anyone had any experience with this or any information to share on what the problem may be? Also a side note in my working on this issue I discovered that the passenger side unlock/lock button on the inside of the door doesen't work but the door locks and unlocks with the driver side button and the remote. Any comments are appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
2001 ml320 and 2006 ml350 (sold)
711 Posts
Ok...Couple of clarifying questions....I understand after you lock doors that you can pull open driver door....CHeck this from inside of car after lock doors or roll down window and check...does the lock piece that sticks up out of the door (pin) tight or loose on the driver side?...In other words can you move it up and down freely or is it tight...COmpare how that side feels to passenger side. It should not move easily up and down it should require pulling up until it clicks and unlocks....
I had the above problem...I would lock doors and passenger door lock would not lock...although i did get lights saying locked...but like you could pull door handle open...bottom line lock in door was broke...i think part was $300 and i fixed myself...i have manual dvd from mbusa...this is not an easy diy. requires taking outside door panel off, inside door panel, glass...

ON the other issue of passenger side buttons not working to lock unlock. Was door closed? I think buttons won't work if door open...I could be wrong...I can't remember.

·
Registered
2006 ML350/2009 C300
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. The pin moves up and don as it has since I got the car, that is the weird part. If I lock the door from the inside and pull open the door from the inside it even pops the pin up before opening the door. When I lock it again and from the outside pull it open, the pin stays down but the door opens up. The weird part is that when I have the alarm armed and doors locked I pull the driver door open and its like the car doesent realize the door has been opened because the alarm doesent go off nor do the interior lights come on. It is really bizarre.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts