Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
C230 (2007)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,

All of my driver’s side door controls/indications on my 2007 C-230, i.e. power windows, trunk open switch, side mirror turn signal, has stopped working. All problems seem to be limited to driver’s side door only. Also, the remote locks/unlocks all doors except the driver door. The switch lights also do no light up.

What is the problem? Is there a fuse I can check? Is this a do-it-yourself project I can take on? If yes, is there any directions out there to fix this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Did you check the door control module fuse?

DIY is not easy to define, some people are not able to change a fuse, some can do more complex tasks than an average workshop mechanic.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
C230 (2007)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diesel Benz,

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for the welcome.

Where is the door control module fuse on the C230 (2007)? I cannot find it in the list of fuses (list in left dash).

I’m not a mechanic but I can do basic maintenance on cars i.e. change brake pads/bulbs/fuses, replace fluids and etc. I’d take the car in if the work required is more involved i.e. taking the door apart.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
I assume this is a US car and a W203 then (a Euro 2007 C230 would be a W204). If so, the driver side door control module fuse is #29 (at the interior compartment fuse box).

If the fuse is good, you would probably have to have a look at the wiring although bad wires should be unlikely in a car this new.

·
Registered
C230 (2007)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diesel Benz,

I pulled out each fuse and visually checked for any burn marks or breaks/opens (fuses behind the dash). I found that all fuses looked ok. I was thinking of metering the fuse terminals later on checking for continuity. I then used the remote to lock the doors and it's working. Not sure why it's working now but I'll let you know if the problem is intermittant. Any ideas why it's working now? Loose fuse connection? Loose wire?

Thanks again for your help, Remus

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Any ideas why it's working now? Loose fuse connection? Loose wire?
Probably neither....

It's not unheard of to clear a 'fault' by removing & replacing a fuse.. Nothing is loose. A very thin film of corrosion can form on the fuse or the fuse holder which breaks when they are separated.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Probably neither....

It's not unheard of to clear a 'fault' by removing & replacing a fuse.. Nothing is loose. A very thin film of corrosion can form on the fuse or the fuse holder which breaks when they are separated.
I agree, it is more common for other control units to get stuck and a reset by pulling a fuse helps but this must be possible for a DCM too. Of course usually one can see signs of poor connectivity but I would not rule out the second option either.

If it comes back, you may need to have the control unit diagnosed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts