1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
E320 Elegance 99" (Arabian Gulf Market), Fathers's 500 SEL 86"
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear BenzWorld folks,
I hope you are doing well.

My E320 is suffering a serious problem. At the speed of 50-60 Km, the whole car vibrated in abnormal way. The vibration was noticeable but not much until recently. Asking friends and checking with many workshops around here, the best answer for this vibration was the drive train and the shaft.

I took the car to a workshop and ask him to check on the shaft. He just removed the whole shaft as you see in the pic and told me that the U joint between the two shaft parts was damaged. The shaft has marks telling that it wasn't operating normally.

Now, how to solve this problem? They mechanical guy said that I better change the whole shaft with a new or used one because it is not repairable. Is he right? and how much the cost you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
There are places in the US where you can get rebuilt ones, but yes, I would change that. The U-Joint cannot be simply replaced as on many cars.

I don't know about Oman, but even one from a salvage yard would be acceptable (and probably much cheaper).

Good luck.

·
Registered
2008 GL320 CDI 2008 ML320 CDI 1984 Euro W123 300D
159 Posts
Their is a place here in the states that rebuilds them, Ive used them and they do a good job for decent price that I believe ships overseas at driveshafts.com though you may be able to find something local to you.
Good luck.

Dan

·
Registered
E320 Elegance 99" (Arabian Gulf Market), Fathers's 500 SEL 86"
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys
Thank you a lot for all the help. I did as you suggested. I found used one in the salvage yard for only 91$. I fixed it for 31$. So it was a total of 122$ job. Isn't this cheap? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts